ATV2 downloading 1Mb/s constantly
Hey team. This may or may not be an xbmc related issue, but someone may be able to help anyway. I can't find anything except an October thread regarding a similar issue, but it must be different.

A friends ATV2 is on ios 4.3.3 and I just upgraded XBMC to xbmc-20111210-f1ae0b6-master-atv2.deb to try and fix it. I have also tried killing random processes on the ATV to find the culprit.

I have of course added the following to hosts.. and even installed nito.updatebegone as well.

Code:
127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com
127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com
127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net
127.0.0.1 itunes.apple.com.edgesuite.net

But it won't stop downloading shyte from Akamai. The IP address is an akamai address, please check my paste for a couple of sample packets.

This apparently started a few months ago but I am only hearing of it now.

I have blocked the address 219.88.187.51 on his firewall for the time being, and the only solution I can think of is to reflash it when an untethered JB is released.

I know I could add it to the host file, but I don't want it to dynamically change addresses one day and my poor mate being lumbered with another 50GB data usage bill Sad

cheers!
log says he's on 4.2.2

so, get seasonpass, and re-jailbreak it untethered to 4.3 and follow the wiki to install xbmc etc.
Jester Wrote:log says he's on 4.2.2

so, get seasonpass, and re-jailbreak it untethered to 4.3 and follow the wiki to install xbmc etc.

That shouldn't matter.

This... sounds familiar. I'll do some hunting, but I think someone had this problem once before.
Ned Scott Wrote:That shouldn't matter.

This... sounds familiar. I'll do some hunting, but I think someone had this problem once before.

I don't use apple crap(just the hardware Tongue), this looks like the atv2 using mobileme/itunes to sync something ?
Us
6572 2d41 6765 6e74 3a20 6954 756e 6573 er-Agent: iTunes
2d41 7070 6c65 5456 2f34 2e32 2e32 2028 -AppleTV/4.2.2

so if he re-jailbreaks and JUST uses xbmc (and don't setup any apple crap) it should be fine Smile
Here it is: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111995

But... we never found out what it was.

Just to throw some ideas out there, is he logged in with an Apple ID to anything in the native ATV2 interface? Anything from FireCore installed?
Jester Wrote:I don't use apple crap(just the hardware Tongue), this looks like the atv2 using mobileme/itunes to sync something ?
Us
6572 2d41 6765 6e74 3a20 6954 756e 6573 er-Agent: iTunes
2d41 7070 6c65 5456 2f34 2e32 2e32 2028 -AppleTV/4.2.2

so if he re-jailbreaks and JUST uses xbmc (and don't setup any apple crap) it should be fine Smile

In that case it would be much easier to just log-out of the services rather than rejailbreaking the entire thing.
Ned Scott Wrote:In that case it would be much easier to just log-out of the services rather than rejailbreaking the entire thing.

correct, but I'm rigorous like that, don't want any residual Wink
I just inputted the data form rickrude's packet sample and got this:

Ned Scott Wrote:I just inputted the data form rickrude's packet sample and got this:

Wink
I have got to get me one of these !
Jester Wrote:;)
I have got to get me one of these !

An alien deathray countdown? o.O
Ned Scott Wrote:An alien deathray countdown? o.O

no silly, thats a quote from the movie u used that screenshot from !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2O7rZTBs7w
Ned Scott Wrote:Just to throw some ideas out there, is he logged in with an Apple ID to anything in the native ATV2 interface? Anything from FireCore installed?

No firecore, and not signed in to anything AFAIK, but I signed in purposely to see if that would stop it, but no.
Jester Wrote:log says he's on 4.2.2

Doesn't the ios version have to be signed by apple to do that? or am I mistaken?
rickrude Wrote:Doesn't the ios version have to be signed by apple to do that? or am I mistaken?

If he saved his SHSH blobs then it's no issue. If not, wait a few days. ATV 4.4 has an untethered jailbreak about to be released by FireCore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 downloading 1Mb/s constantly0