Strange fanart showing up in various add-on
Question 
Hello,

I'm using one of the latest pre-Eden nightly builds on a Windows 7 pc. I am experiencing a strange situation when accessing various video add-ons (such as TWIT and Revision3). When I first start up the add-ons, everything is fine, but as soon as I move the cursor to a different selection, the backround fanart changes from the skin default (I have tried both the latest "Transparency!" skin and the system default "Confluence"), to a fanart of a movie stored on my server. I have tried to find this image in XBMC using both the filename of the movie fanart and the filesize, but with no luck.

Any ideas why this is happening and more importantly how I can eliminate this from happening again? Thanks.
Try and navigate through win explorer to: appdata>roaming>xbmc>userdata>thumbnails>music>fanart

There should be a list of .tbn files generated from cache
Open the file/s in win photo viewer and delete the offending file (image)

(please note "a back-up of the file to another folder is recommended prior to deleting" just in case the image is required as fanart for something else)

Load up XBMC and see if this resolves your issue?
Big Grin 
Thanks for the tip k4sh1n!!!

It was a problem with the .tbn files. In my case there was a problem in the appdata>roaming>xbmc>userdata>thumbnails>video>fanart location. There was a fanart file called "ffffffff.tbn". I deleated it and everything is working great now.

Thanks again k4sh1n!!!
Great I have the exact same problem, will give it a try ! Smile

Edit: deleting ffffffff.tbn doesn't seems to work very well.... it still re-appear after a while.
Do you happen to have multiple add-ons for downloading/managing artwork?
I.e. Artwork downloader
Artwork organiser
CDart manager
Logo downloader
Should be fixed by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/9216...3692aad934 and should be part of the first beta for Eden.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the information Montellese.

k4sh1n, yes, I do have multiple artwork add-ons.

kevenz, What I have done so far (and at least as of today it is still working), is to locate the original video background .jpg (I use transparency, so mine is the one with the popcorn on it) and made a copy of it, giving the copy the name of "ffffffff.tbn". I then moved that file to the appdata>roaming>xbmc>userdata>thumbnails>video>fanart location (overwriting the existing file). I have also marked the newly copied "ffffffff.tbn" as "read-only" so XBMC won't change it again. So far this is working. Let's just pray for an early beta release of Eden...

Thanks everyone for your help.
I switched back to december 3rd version and it doesn't have this bug.

I'm not sure in which version it started.
kevenz Wrote:I switched back to december 3rd version and it doesn't have this bug.

I'm not sure in which version it started.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...lCache.cpp

I'm assuming it was the commit on December 6th. Seems to be fixed for the Beta release.
it seems to be still buggy in the beta release.... fanart.jpg doesn't show up anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange fanart showing up in various add-on0