Appletv work with my plugins??
Hi,

Currently im running XBMC on a windows 7 HTPC running the latest plugins..

iPlayer
TV Catchup
Icefilms

Would an appletv be able to do the same? If so i may as well asell my HTPC and have something as small as an appletv

Will there be any negatives compared to my htpc?

Matt
Well the aTV can't play xvid 720p, doesn't output 1080p, will not be able to handle more cpu intensive skins.

It will play those plugins.
As it wont output 1080p and it will output 720p will iplayer look rubbish then on my 1080p plasma?

Matt
Does iplayer have 720p content? I don't recall seeing it.
But 720p looks great, but many plugins only support standard def and the pq is average to poor. You can always stream your own h.264 videos from your pc.
short answer:

they all work, about you just try them instead of asking if they work ?

ps.
720p works fine on 1080p screen.
Jester Wrote:short answer:

they all work, about you just try them instead of asking if they work ?

ps.
720p works fine on 1080p screen.

WHy have a support section and a forum if the response is going to be the aboveHuh Why would i want to go and spend £100 and then find out it doesnt workHuh? Perhaps you should step down as moderator if you dont have the patience or time to HELP people.Rolleyes
mattprince Wrote:WHy have a support section and a forum if the response is going to be the aboveHuh Why would i want to go and spend £100 and then find out it doesnt workHuh? Perhaps you should step down as moderator if you dont have the patience or time to HELP people.Rolleyes

If you have read these forums you would have noticed that the moderators (and experienced users) have a lot of patience regarding the questions asked sometimes.

@Jester
Keep up the good work Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
mattprince Wrote:WHy have a support section and a forum if the response is going to be the aboveHuh Why would i want to go and spend £100 and then find out it doesnt workHuh? Perhaps you should step down as moderator if you dont have the patience or time to HELP people.Rolleyes

Go look at my posts for the past 3 year, then come back about me not helping...

Oh and I don't mind helping, but my definition of helping is NOT spoon feeding lazy < 10 post users and answering the same questions over and over because certain people are too lazy to search

Put some effort into helping yourself.

Closing as the question has been answered.
Platform specific add-ons should not show up in the add-on manager in the first place, so if you can see them you should be able to run them.

If you are simply asking before actually owning/using an ATV2, then it would be best to make that point clear. Otherwise we all scratch our heads and go "well it's right there so... did you look?". Hence the confusion here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Appletv work with my plugins??0