Any benefit to booting directly into XBMC?
Is there any benefit to booting directly into XBMC on a atv2 besides the convenience? Does it save any system resources not to load the Apple UI?
would also be interested to know this. feel free to try it and report back lol.
My solution is just never shutting down XBMC, so in essence it is always booted directly into XBMC. Wink I at one point also wanted to do this but decided against it because you lose more functionality than you gain.
I asked Davilla this a while back and he said no. It still loads the original ATV2 interface/app, but just auto-opens XBMC.
I have one ATV2 that has been rebooting itself (working on getting logs and trying to recreate.) Also in the event of a power outage it's much higher WAF to have XBMC start back up. Finally, I played around with ATV a little when I got it and couldn't find anything remotely interesting - all I use is XBMC anyway, so why bother NOT booting directly into it?
skyhawk85u Wrote:I have one ATV2 that has been rebooting itself (working on getting logs and trying to recreate.) Also in the event of a power outage it's much higher WAF to have XBMC start back up. Finally, I played around with ATV a little when I got it and couldn't find anything remotely interesting - all I use is XBMC anyway, so why bother NOT booting directly into it?

Because when you install a nightly build or so which crashes on startup - you are stuck in a loop Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Because when you install a nightly build or so which crashes on startup - you are stuck in a loop Smile

Well that would definitely ruin my day, but I'll take the risk. I like having my XBMC appliance. Who needs Apple TV anyway? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any benefit to booting directly into XBMC?0