Kodi compatibility on different Android streaming players
I suggest you read the existing threads about which box to buy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-06, 16:23)casey-jones Wrote:
(2017-10-30, 22:49)DaLanik Wrote: Non branded chinese boxes. Like bought on aliexpress (you americans would probably go to Ebay just to be different from the rest of the world and to pay more) and similar. That have like 1000000 models a year Smile Hey, even iPhone is made in china but under known brand.

Applications that are "sideloaded" have nothing to do with Kodi... and this is Kodi forum.

I have no idea about Fire tv, not very popular in Europe.

I also have no idea about ATSC , we have DVB (DVB-T, DVB-S) in Europe and nobody under 70 is watching it Smile OK, maybe for sports... Why would someone want to record TV is beyond me. It's as quaint as reading the newspapers.

Anyways, I don't think you have good options for recording TV (any kind) on Android. Neither TV tuners/receivers nor software... much better to go with Windows or Linux.
Then you should of clearly  stated "non branded",

Then all platforms allow "sideloading" of any application??,

For the next two, why did you respond when you have "no idea"??
FireTV is popular here. ATSC formally NTSC aka OTA  or broadcast TV has been the backbone of television from the 50's here. Setting us apart from most of the rest of the worls. Free OTA TV. (New concept). Time shifting has been here since the late 70's. Why would you NOT want to have a recording you can access anytime without any need to rely on availability of a transport medium to do so?  VRR's then DVR's can't be beat. No computer, no O/S (surely not M$), all in one box. 

For the last comment, see the above.

Yes, non branded, even though some of them have a brand, but basically yes Smile

Doesn't matter if platforms allows or not sideloading... just wanted to make a clear difference between Kodi PVR addon and 3rd party app (that is installed under OS, not under Kodi).
Being a Kodi forum, I was only referring to applications that could be loaded with Kodi installed.

I now see this isn't a US based forum. What country is this based out of, it appears (by the group photos) it's maybe Eastern Europe?
(2017-11-07, 16:04)casey-jones Wrote: Being a Kodi forum, I was only referring to applications that could be loaded with Kodi installed.

I now see this isn't a US based forum. What country is this based out of, it appears (by the group photos) it's maybe Eastern Europe?

Is it important?
Important enough for me to ask. But, if it is a secret, so be it.
BTW, I don't support Dictators here or abroad.  Wink
(2017-11-07, 16:26)casey-jones Wrote: Important enough for me to ask. But, if it is a secret, so be it.

I don't have a Scooby doo. http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/scooby_doo_1

PS. I do not support Dictators either,
(2017-11-07, 16:26)casey-jones Wrote: Important enough for me to ask. But, if it is a secret, so be it.

http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Foundation

Our Team members are from all over and the photos are from DevCon which takes place in different locations every year.

But that has nothing to do with your OP.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi compatibility on different Android streaming players0