XBMC wont start on Apple TV 2
Hello all! 5 days im trying to install xbmc. I searched for the solution all over the internet. And no luck
I bought ATV2 with 4.4.2 Jailbreaked it with seasonpass. then i installed nitoTV. After i installed XBMC from nitoTV install packages list.

restart Lowtide.

so now when im pressing on XBMC button i have black screen for sec and then it goes back to Apple TV Main Screen.

Please help. Maybe its too simple for your, but not for me.... Help!
Click the first link in my signature and provide a xbmc.log ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Also check out the FAQ: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ

And make sure you are using a nightly build: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...htly_build
10 bucks on a corrupted db, anyone ? anyone ? Bueller ??
Jester Wrote:10 bucks on a corrupted db, anyone ? anyone ? Bueller ??

hmmm - I thought the Cydia version would behave like that on the 4.4+ tethered jailbreaks. Still not taking that bet though.
DLeavy Wrote:hmmm - I thought the Cydia version would behave like that on the 4.4+ tethered jailbreaks. Still not taking that bet though.

The Cydia build is just an old nightly that was manually made before the buildbot could do iOS. It's not a stable version.
Ned Scott Wrote:The Cydia build is just an old nightly that was manually made before the buildbot could do iOS. It's not a stable version.

I'm aware of that. Just thought I remembered some changes after the Cydia version that were done to support the new iOS version and without those changes the system would hang. Could be my faulty memory. Either way, the two points of advice will probably fix it - update to latest nightly and blow away database if still not working.
DLeavy Wrote:I'm aware of that. Just thought I remembered some changes after the Cydia version that were done to support the new iOS version and without those changes the system would hang. Could be my faulty memory. Either way, the two points of advice will probably fix it - update to latest nightly and blow away database if still not working.

cydia version will crash on ios > 4.2 when using hardware decoder (h.264) ... all in all ... something like that
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
stormillo Wrote:Hello all! 5 days im trying to install xbmc. I searched for the solution all over the internet. And no luck
I bought ATV2 with 4.4.2 Jailbreaked it with seasonpass. then i installed nitoTV. After i installed XBMC from nitoTV install packages list.

restart Lowtide.

so now when im pressing on XBMC button i have black screen for sec and then it goes back to Apple TV Main Screen.

Please help. Maybe its too simple for your, but not for me.... Help!

try this command in a terminal

ssh root@yourappletv ip
pw=alpine

rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db
I'm having the same issues and I just tried the link "rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db " any other options?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC wont start on Apple TV 20