Copying everything from one ATV2 to another ATV2?
Is it possible to copy every thing from one jailbroken ATV2 to another jailbroken ATV2?
You should install XBMC on the second ATV2using the usual instructions and then look at the wiki for backing up XBMC's settings, which can also be used to "clone" your settings from one install to another.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ
So if someone has a good working Jailbroken ATV2, could they just give you the files and then you would be up and running?
Of course not. Your userdata folder contains your specific personal settings like sources, guisettings for the used skin, your personal advancedsettings.xml and stuff like that.
So I cant take my friends Jailbroken ATV2 with all the addons and somehow(clone it) and put it on my now new ATV2 (jailbroken) ? Or is there a way to do this? I'm alittle confused from the two other posts.

Thanks
You can, but it might be that you have to edit some of the configuration files or settings (either via XBMC or via another editor) as the userdata folder does not contain YOUR settings when copying it from a friend's device
I was assuming you were copying it to another ATV that was being used on the same network. I agree, it doesn't make much sense to copy from your friends.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copying everything from one ATV2 to another ATV2?0