tvheadend/opdenkamp recording error
I installed tvheadend 2.12 on ubuntu 11.10.

Everything went smoothly and within a short time I had it configured.

Currently I am using Windows OS for all media players in the house. So I installed opdenkamp windows 'Stable: git rev. 26cde7b (13 Dec 2011)' xbmc pvr frontend.

After configuring the pvr plugin the channels worked and all looked good!

The problem I have encountered is with recording(and playback). I believe that this is because tvheadend is storing data locally and the windows host running xbmc cannot access this. (but im not sure, and I am new to linux)

I can see recorded shows from xbmc. I even see notifications when recording, and updates to the schedule when I manually configure from the tvheadend web interface. But I cannot view, edit, and add recordings via xbmc.

Can someone please clarify how xbmc(windows) can use this functionality, if it is possible?
this should be working just fine. please pastebin the debug log.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
thanks dushmaniac,

http://pastebin.com/KaweWmdt - error when recording directly from channel

http://pastebin.com/KrUuAnPN - error when viewing a recording
I have just tried installing 'Eden-pvr Beta1 - build 59 - git rev. 007a341' on another pc and configuring. I am still having the same issue which leads me to believe the problem must lie with tvheadend.

Sorry dushmaniac but have you had a chance to look at the logs?

Thanks for your time Smile
bl4s7er I don't fully follow your problems and I cannot get to the pastebin dumps (tells me the ID is not recognised).

However I also had problems initially with recordings in XBMC+tvheadend. Though slightly different, I think, to what you've reported.

I could see current recordings and play them. But I couldn't set anything up (start a recording) from XBMC. This turned out to be a compatibility issue between XBMC and tvheadend 2.12.

Have you try compiling the latest git code for tvheadend? This resolved my own problem and I can now create, list and playback recordings without issue.

Note: XBMC doesn't need to have direct file access to the recordings, they are provided through the HTSP link between XBMC and tvheadend (this is the same link used for both control and live tv streaming).

Regards
Adam
thanks adam.

I decided to remove tvheadend 2.12 and tried instead 'tvheadend - 2.12.99~pulse-oneiric-4'

Again installation and configuration went ok, but now recording and playback work perfectly through xbmc! Smile
bl4s7er Wrote:I decided to remove tvheadend 2.12 and tried instead 'tvheadend - 2.12.99~pulse-oneiric-4'

Again installation and configuration went ok, but now recording and playback work perfectly through xbmc! Smile

Congrats! Can you uninterruptedly watch an ongoing recording for more thant 30min with this setup? On mine (admittedly using a different xbmc build, see my .sig) I'm getting thrown out due to some kind of audio underrun after 10-15min.
Ubuntu 11.10 -- Athlon X2 5000 -- AMD 780G (Radeon HD3200) -- Catalyst 12.1 -- xbmc-xvba -- tvheadend
Well its been almost a month as so far the problem has not returned so Im going to call it 'fixed'.

I haven't had any problems with playback of recorded file.

I do have another problem now that has occurred twice, where tvheadend just stops responding. Clients cannot connect, and I cannot login via the web interface. Stopping and starting the service resolves the problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to the problem?

I was going to setup a cron job to restart the service every couple of days at an obscure time that shouldnt affect any programs I want to record.
I'll need debug logs, or I can't tell you what's going on.
@grad: the link to tvheadend in your sig is outdated. I haven't updated those builds for months Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvheadend/opdenkamp recording error0