Scraping and Playing Issues since few changes
I'm fairly new to XBMC and atv2.

Here is my setup.

1.) HTPC (windows 7) - wireless - 3TB
2.) ATV2 running XBMC (nightly build 12-10) - wireless
3.) FTP

before yesterday i was running SMB and 11-29 nightly build. Everything was running fine and all movies scraped fine and all played. Just had a lot of buffer issues. So i updated to 12-10 nightly and changed to FTP. when doing that the buffering went away!!!!

Now i have problems of certain movies wont even play. I click on them and it just does nothing or says error check logs.

and half my movie scrapes are missing fan art or posters.

Anyone having these issues with similar setups?

I'll search this forum to figure out how to pull error logs and try to post those later today.

Any help would be great.

Thank you
If you change the file sharing protocol then the videos played in library view will have issues or not play at all. In the library the protocol is likely still SMB, since that path is not updated when you update your sources. What you should do is export your library in the XBMC Settings (I think under Video -> Library) as a single file, open up the resulting xml file in a text editor and use a find/replace all tool. Find the old network path and replace it with the new one. This might even be as simple as replacing "smb://" with "ftp://". Save the file. Then go back to the XBMC Settings and select import library and select the XML file you just edited.
i will give that a shot tonight.

Thank you!
there is one know issue to me ... ftp might struggle when playing iso files ... this is because of a lack in the stat struct we get via ftp which is faulty ... libdvdread just pukes on that one ... chinese out... issue might also be there with video_ts folders and ftp ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
alright so i cleared all libraries and started from scratch.

Rescraped and all.

All movies play now except a few avi's and a VOB.

I like ISOs so i'm ok with getting ISOs for these movies.

Played ISOs not bad last night. It does buffer a little when the movie is going through the menu. Once the movie starts though it was smooth sailing.

Final question. I'm missing a lot of scrapes as of late. Primarily art work. I get the message 'cannot connect to server' once in awhile during scanning. is themoviedb just having server issues is that why i'm missing the artwork?

i used to have all artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping and Playing Issues since few changes0