Clearart and logos not showing
Hey guys. So I have manually added clear art and logos to my folders on my server. I am still not able to get them to show up. I have the latest nightly build and most recent skin. I have googled and searched this forum but not finding the answers I am looking for.

I have deleted textures.db, removed my tv show source and readded it, and still nothing. My folder structure is as follows:

TV Shows (Pool)
--TV Show
----TV Show - S01E01 - Title.mkv
----TV Show - S01E01 - Title.nfo
----TV Show.nfo
----logo.png
----clearart.png
----poster.jpg
----banner.jpg

I want to add that all my movies and shows are on a media server with read only access so the scripts to download the extra art do not work for me. Also I think I read somewhere that in the media nfo it needs to have info on where the clearart and logo locations are. I could be wrong on that, any suggestions would be helpful.
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60
I have a similar setup to yours, and assuming you set all the settings properly, it seems like the issue may lie with your media server being read-only.. Would you by chance be able to open write access to determine whether it is something xbmc needs access to in order to work properly? Also I checked my .nfo files and found nothing to indicate they linked to that artwork.
i'll try that when i get home. afaik i should be able to setup xbmc to use a username and password to access the share for read/write. i dont want a file to accidently get deleted over the server. there is no undo for that.
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 -- AMD A10-6800K -- 8gig DDR3 1600 -- Nvidia GTX 650 -- Samsung SSD 120gig -- GRANDIA GD05B Case -- Onkyo RC-HT260 -- Paradigm Atom Monitor S7 x4, Center 1, Surrounds 1 -- Panasonic 60ST60
djdcm0722 Wrote:i'll try that when i get home. afaik i should be able to setup xbmc to use a username and password to access the share for read/write. i dont want a file to accidently get deleted over the server. there is no undo for that.

What kind of server is your media on? I have a remote computer running win7 and I have had permission nightmares occasionally for months. Sometimes it just wouldnt connect and ask for a user/pass, but I didnt have any users set-up, and none of the names I made would work.. then it would connect using the server IP but not the samba name... Then one week it was the complete opposite, but I think I have it ironed out now hopefully..

Good luck to you sir, I'll lend any pitiful assistance I can!
yup, still no luck. added read/write access to the server and still nothing. when i run the script in multiple skins it says it downloaded 0 logos and found 0 logos. i dont see why this is so difficult. my custom posters and and banners and .nfo files load just fine when re-scraping the library; not the new stuff im adding. I would love to have the feature of clearart in paused screen and logos to make evrything look better but I guess I will have to pass for now.

maybe the location of the files are downloaded and the location is stored in some skin setting. i have no clue.

fwiw my source for tv shows in xbmc is \\Computer Name\TV Shows (pool)
oh - the server i'm running is just a win7 64 running flexraid storage pool and storage pool share permissions
Fixed the problem. Changed the source from \\"Computer Name"\\TV Shows (Pool) to smb://"Computer Name"/TV Shows (Pool) and everything is working fine. However banners are not working now.... oh well, I guess I can't have your can't and eat it too
Dump the windows server and start using "unRAID".

http://lime-technology.com

I Have not had any issues since.
Oddsodz Wrote:Dump the windows server and start using "unRAID".

http://lime-technology.com

I Have not had any issues since.

That is so NOT the problem!

I use a windows server and i have no issues at all!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:That is so NOT the problem!

I use a windows server and i have no issues at all!

Agreed, like I said, changed the path name, and now no issues at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearart and logos not showing0