Which sites would you like to see scripted next?
i think it would be a good idea if people post here when they start to code for a requested site (like bakman just did). no reason to have multiple implementations of each site.

i'm implementing dave's trailer page now.
i think it would be good to have a script for the videos on g4tv since we can't get the channel in the uk and i find some of their videos interesting.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/index.html

i'm not sure it would be possible though since http://media.g4tv.com/ gives an access denied when you open it in a browser.

also when halotv.net comes back online it would be nice to see a script for the videos there too.
http://www.milkandcookies.com/
why not take the yarssr.py script and improve it?

it already has a good base framework with the ability to pull rss info in but it could use improvement.

example of things i'd like to see improved with it...

link to site(s) that lists rss feeds and have the script allow the user to choose the link and the script automatically saves that rss feed into the config.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
got another great site with streaming quicktime ads:

'boards - a site with 100's of top quality (in both senses) advertisements. including the superb orange cinema ads (the new darth vader one is sheer class).
is anyone interested in a netflix script? you can see the rss feeds here: netflix rss feeds. if you have a netflix account and are logged in the above url includes rss feeds for your queue, recent activity and recommendations.
at this point i have the working script for the above rss feeds including fetching additional movie info and poster art.
i know other htpc apps (like mce and meedio) include netflix modules which also allow you to add/remove/reorder movies in your queue. i am looking into that but will take a fair amount more work.
some sports channels, i guess, like espn sports video, nba video, if some script can enable us to watch espn sports video, nba video or hbo channel, that would be great (sorry i'm not in the u.s at the moment.)

and if there's a download button added to every script, that would be even better, 'cauze sometimes when we see a very cool video, we want to save it to our harddisk, so we can watch it even when we're offline, considering the fact that the video link may not always be valid due to website changes, so if there're some codes appended to the script that enables us to download and save a video that we like to our harddisk, it'll be quite convenient for us.

finally, props go to all the script makers, without your continuous effort, xbox will be of much less fun. it's you and xbmc team that make xbox look cooler.
(xboxsfan @ april 28 2005,19:17 Wrote:some sports channels, i guess, like espn sports video, nba video, if some script can enable us to watch espn sports video, nba video or hbo channel, that would be great (sorry i'm not in the u.s at the moment.)

and if there's a download button added to every script, that would be even better, 'cauze sometimes when we see a very cool video, we want to save it to our harddisk, so we can watch it even when we're offline, considering the fact that the video link may not always be valid due to website changes, so if there're some codes appended to the script that enables us to download and save a video that we like to our harddisk, it'll be quite convenient for us.

finally, props go to all the script makers, without your continuous effort, xbox will be of much less fun. it's you and xbmc team that make xbox look cooler.
most sites use streaming protocols, meaning, they only stream, you cannot store them bmo downloading.
killsometime.com
it would be cool if we could listen to all the music from

www.magnatune.com
(bakman @ april 29 2005,18:49 Wrote:most sites use streaming protocols, meaning, they only stream, you cannot store them bmo downloading.

possible but hard work...

apple quicktime proxy in python.
http://www.onegoodidea.com/download/rtsp..._1.2.py.gz
not sure but it might even be possible to adapt it to to do realmedia too.

i think wget pro can do mms and may even compile with openxdk
www.nba.com
myfreepaysite.com, albinoblacksheep.com, mentalshed.com, collegehumor.com
(willyshatswig @ april 28 2005,14:59 Wrote:got another great site with streaming quicktime ads:

'boards - a site with 100's of top quality (in both senses) advertisements. including the superb orange cinema ads (the new darth vader one is sheer class).
i've added 'boards screening room to flexibrowser 1.3
see this thread

some things to notice when browsing 'boards:
the commercials section takes really long time to load, because the list is huuuuge (over 1600 movies Cool ).
so be patient

bend
i'd like to see the music streams in radioio.com made available, since they've disappeared from shoutcast.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which sites would you like to see scripted next?0