Scraper detects utorrent patchfile as video
Hi,

When you download with utorrent, you get a dat file in the same folder where the movie file is. When I update the database the movie is shown twice, because of the dat file, that is pretty annoying.

Are there a way so the scraper doesen't detect dat files?

Merry X-mas
You can create an advancedsettings.xml with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <videoextensions>
        <remove>.dat</remove>
   </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>
Should do the trick.
That or go under the advanced utorrent settings and turn off part file creation. I did that since i tend to skip certain parts of the torrents i grab, namely the sample and subs folders.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Turning off part file creation seems to do the trick. Thanks
I didn't even realize there was a way to turn off dat file creation in utorrent. Thanks so much! What is the point of them anyways? All they do is annoy me and take extra time to delete them all.
On second thought after some googling it seems like you should keep the partfile turned on and do the advanced settings hack. If you skip files in utorrent you need the partfile to keep it from allocating the entire skipped file. From what I'm reading even if you set utorrent to skip files, some blocks of data overlap and you will still need to download ~5MB of a file that you don't want. All the extra junk you don't want but utorrent needs goes into the partfile .dat creation.

Quote:If you don't want to see partfiles, then don't skip files when downloading, or disable the partfile advanced option -- just don't complain about µTorrent allocating files you told it to skip.

The partfile is there to store data for files you told to skip that share pieces with files you told µTorrent to download. Partfiles get removed after you remove the torrent from the list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper detects utorrent patchfile as video0