Windows resolution problem
Hi
Having a problem with a windows setup.
Made the system at my house on my tv, works fine can see everything in both xbmc and xp but have moved it to a different tv and now xbmc works (boots straight in) but when you quit to go into windows the screen goes blank and you can't see anything. I went into safe mode and that works. Changed display to same resolution as xbmc and still nothing.
Movies and tv play brilliantly but want to be able to use internet from windows.
Any ideas?
Tv is a panasonic tx37lzd70

Cheers, steve
If you have not done anything to the shell settings, then it is probably your TV not being able to display your desktop resolution. I would either use remote desktop to access your HTPC from another machine, or install something like tightvnc to do the same. Then when you exit XBMC you can remote into the machine and see what's going on there. If you can view your desktop as expected, using a remote connection, then you can play around with your resolutions until it's working on your tv.

Your TV shows to have a 1920x1080 native resolution, so start by setting your desktop resolution to that. If you can see your desktop at that resolution, then you know everything works. You can try other resolutions after that but there is no guarantee your TV will be able to support them. It should be able to at least support 1280x720 as well, but I am not an expert on TV's so I could be wrong.

The only two things that make sense to me here are unsupported desktop resolution or you have changed your shell settings and don't load explorer.exe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows resolution problem0