Problem playing WMV file.. help please..
Hi all - Merry Christmas :-)

Just settled down to watch a blue Ray rip in WMV format (7gig). Shock XBMC will not play it, its very framey and keeps freezing. The file is being streamed over a LAN (hard wired). Usually play MKV files of same size and have no issues so maybe a plug-in issue or codec. Played the file through media player and plays fine. Downloaded the new beta of EDEN, made no difference to the playback.
Any ideas what I need to change or update?

XBMC usually plays everything I throw at it, but not this time........

any help appreciated.

thanks,

Simon.
Zimpker Wrote:Hi all - Merry Christmas :-)

Just settled down to watch a blue Ray rip in WMV format (7gig). Shock XBMC will not play it, its very framey and keeps freezing. The file is being streamed over a LAN (hard wired). Usually play MKV files of same size and have no issues so maybe a plug-in issue or codec. Played the file through media player and plays fine. Downloaded the new beta of EDEN, made no difference to the playback.
Any ideas what I need to change or update?

XBMC usually plays everything I throw at it, but not this time........

any help appreciated.

thanks,

Simon.
the way ffmpeg is parsing wmv make it really unstable the bigger the file is. at 7 gb it could time out before it start playing. Microsoft parser might be suited for this but i doubt ffmpeg could do it. Does the latest ffplay play the file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing WMV file.. help please..0