library + file view
i normally use the file view to browse my movies, reason is i have my files stored in a folder structure separated by genres i designate myself. that way, when i open movies, i see the few genres i chose.

however, as my library grows, it's beginning to get difficult to decide what genre to put movies that have multiple genre possibilities, and then it's difficult for other people (my wife mainly) to find movies to watch.

switching to library mode would be simple, right?

well, i also have kids. and the movies i have for my kids are stored in a folder called "Family", and these are the movies the kids can watch. all of the movies in "Family" are viewed by thumbnail and this is how my little ones pick them out. with library view, it separates them into animation, kids, family, action, adventure, etc. and in a lot of these genres are movies they are not allowed to watch.

i could create a shortcut to the main window to the Family folder, then use library view when i go into movies. but, when i am in library view for movies, then go back and open the shortcut to family, that is in library view.

is there an easier way of doing something like this other than constantly switching between library and folder views?
Star 
I'm thinking profiles or smart playlists (path specific) with links to home page. In Eden, file view and library view are pretty close for features, so adopting a folder based genre isn't all bad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library + file view0