htpc running as a server and xbmc at the same time
Hi guys.
I bought the Hp Microserver and i put it under my tv in the living room.
I would like to use it with xbmc to see movies like a normal media player and i also would like to access it with a remote desktop to menage my files and run my downloads under windows 7.

I ask you how i can do it. I serched it without results what i want but i think it should be interesting for many of us.

The idea is: when i turn the htpc on from the living room, xbmc should automatically be lunched for an easy and comfortable usage (with a remote i think).
At the same time i would like to be able to use the htpc as a server thanks to the remote desktop without causing the xbmc disconnection.

Is it possible to create these two profiles?
I red how to make the first part possible but nothing about the second condition.
Thank you in advance for any possible help and sorry for my english!
You will have to enable concurrent users to make this work the way you want. If you have SP1 installed you can find instructions and a file to download from here. You'll need to register with their site in order to download the file. Just create two accounts, one for XBMC and one for RDP and set the XBMC account to auto login.

I use this system on my HTPC and it works flawlessly for me. Your machines hardware will be something to keep in mind though, as running any tasks from your RDP account that are processor or memory intensive COULD impact your viewing experience.
Use teamviewer Big Grin
I found a solution that works for me:
I simply stream movies via upnp/dlna. The result is awsome (1080p files, also 3d) and i can easily access remotely to my htcp without disconnect the account.
Thank you for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htpc running as a server and xbmc at the same time0