Movies unwatchable - constant buffering, total garbage
XBMC has worked well with Apple TV 2 for awhile. Lately thought it has started buffering every 30 seconds or so. When there is lots of action and movement (scene with snow, for example) it buffers ever THREE TO FIVE SECONDS. completely unawwatchable. I've tried updating xbmc and I've tried three separate Apple TVs. Even just bought a brand new airport extreme wireless N router.

Is there anything I can do to actually watch a freaking movie with this softwareHuh I am using SMB from a Mac Pro tower with internal drives. The movies I am trying to watch are 720p mkvs of about 2-4GBs. Nothing crazy. Any advice? This is unbelievably frustrating....
No logs, no media info - how do you think we can help? Make sure the video format is supported on ATV2 and wire the connection if possible to check if it is a wifi issue.
also try copying a sample of a file to the atv to see if it is a network connection issue or a atv issue
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
First port f call is to try it wired and use nfs not smb
Someone must be using a microware frequently around your house.Parasite s issues though if you have a 2.4 ghz wireless phone.Seriously though,wire it from the router and see what happens.Last option is to review the crash fix section in the forums.
PFjellman Wrote:XBMC has worked well with Apple TV 2 for awhile. Lately thought it has started buffering every 30 seconds or so. When there is lots of action and movement (scene with snow, for example) it buffers ever THREE TO FIVE SECONDS. completely unawwatchable. I've tried updating xbmc and I've tried three separate Apple TVs. Even just bought a brand new airport extreme wireless N router.

Is there anything I can do to actually watch a freaking movie with this softwareHuh I am using SMB from a Mac Pro tower with internal drives. The movies I am trying to watch are 720p mkvs of about 2-4GBs. Nothing crazy. Any advice? This is unbelievably frustrating....

It's more unbelievably frustrating that a user with a post count of 1 doesn't read the 3 sticky post on top of this forum, reads them and uses them before nagging like a 1 year old....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies unwatchable - constant buffering, total garbage0