Strange connection issue..
Hi all,

I have a strange issue when trying to setup XBMC for a friend on his ATV2.

When adding sources, I can see the SMB and then I can see WORKGROUP however when I try to open WORKGROUP I get "Connection Refused" error when connecting wirelessly, however when I connect the ATV to the laptop via a cable, I can access WORKGROUP no problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I just cant get my small brain around it!!

Thanks
funkcanna Wrote:Hi all,

I have a strange issue when trying to setup XBMC for a friend on his ATV2.

When adding sources, I can see the SMB and then I can see WORKGROUP however when I try to open WORKGROUP I get "Connection Refused" error when connecting wirelessly, however when I connect the ATV to the laptop via a cable, I can access WORKGROUP no problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I just cant get my small brain around it!!

Thanks

we've seen something like this before, trying chaning the workgroup to something else in the XBMC setup
Jester Wrote:we've seen something like this before, trying chaning the workgroup to something else in the XBMC setup

Thanks for a quick response Jester.

Tried doing that (changed to "WORKGROUP12") but same issue. Do I also need to change the laptops workgroup?
Try changin it back again aswell Wink If I remeber correctly there was some issue with the setting that was solved by changing the workgroup, then changin it back Wink Merry christmas btw Wink
Eliah Wrote:Try changin it back again aswell Wink If I remeber correctly there was some issue with the setting that was solved by changing the workgroup, then changin it back Wink Merry christmas btw Wink

Thanks - I tried but still the same issue. Merry Christmas to you too!!!
Ok, an update. Seems like its only refusing connections to this specific laptop. Another laptop here is in another work group and we can connect to this via wi-fi no problem. I can also connect to mine via the "WORKGROUP" workgroup.

I dont think this is an XBMC issue now, rather something to do with the laptop. Any ideas?
Another update - I *think* this laptop in question was previously a corporate laptop which may have a local security policy preventing wi-fi connections. Im not sure this is even possible though! We can connect to this laptop via the wi-fi home network but not via XBMC. Its driving me mad and its Christmas!!! Any help will be much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange connection issue..0