Which remote for new HTPC?
hey guys need a remote which would work with XBMC, im australian so ebay.com.au is most likely where i'll purchase it from.. Also what other features do you guys like to use on your XBMC? At the moment im just using the standard aeon mq3.. Thanks
Also would anyone be so kind enough to answer these questions below, totally forgot to mention them earlier Smile

1) WHen adding movies for the first time in XBMC is it okay if i have a folder Called "movies" then inside that folder have Separate folders for each movie ??

2) When using ember scraper does it pick up all the necessary thumbnails and pictures? If not how do i add those manually or does XBMC scraper pick those up Huh?
1. Yes, for me this would be preferred... You can even separate The movie directory into different ones if you want to keep some movies off different clients. For example, Movies-All, and Movies-x and then not load the Movies-x source on any clients you don't want them on. Bu I just do one Movies folder and load all my movies into that.

2. I use Media Companion and it grabs everything. I presume Ember would as well.
1 - Yes that's the structure I would use but XBMC doesn't really require any specific type of folder structure for movies you can use pretty much anything you like

2 - Ember will scrape all the images you need but it does give you different versions of each image you can use that do the same job you don't need to use all of them so make a selection before you scrape the first time for me the following image types work best especially TV which seems to be a bit picky with image types used

Movie

Poster = movie.tbn

Fanart = fanart.jpg

NFO = movie.nfo

TV

Show Posters = folder.jpg

Show Fanart = fanart.jpg

Season Posters = seasonXX.tbn

Episode Posters = <episode>.tbn

It won't scrape actor thumbs but XBMC will do this for you if your not bothered about actor thumbs you can disable this option which will make adding everything much faster
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
johnny87au Wrote:hey guys need a remote which would work with XBMC

i just created a remote thread listing some of them, check in my HTPC guide
Thanks guys, Cant find a suitable one on ebay australia EBAY.COM.AU which will have no probs in XBMC win 7
which 1 u looking at?
http://www.megabuy.com.au/compro-videoma...86755.html
Is it true any MCE remote will work correctly Huh
johnny87au Wrote:Is it true any MCE remote will work correctly Huh

as i said, any Media Center edition remotes for windows should work!
if u read my remote thread, i also link to the official XBMC wiki on remotes...
but anyways, this works too

http://digitalcentre.com.au/p/4529457/wi...r-for.html
Just so many remotes and so limited here in australia mate thats all..
Last question guys, ive ran into a bit of a problem, For TV shows i have a folder called TV Shows then i have for EG tv series Called ROME - > Season 1 folder then Seasno 2 folder inside the ROME Folder, Is that the correct way of setting up your library for TV shows Huh
Hey guys, is there any remote plugin for AverTV remote? Mine is from AverTV Volar HX, the remote bottom has the RM-KS wording. MediaPortal has plugin for this, so I was wondering whether XBMC has it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which remote for new HTPC?0