Shifting/Flickering Screen when Highlighting System option in Eden Beta 1
Hi Folks —

I've been awaiting beta 1 of Eden for a quite a while, hoping it would solve some of the HDMI display issues I've seen. Other than general wonkiness with trying to set XBMC to 1080P (solved by closing laptop, driving single display, and controlling with mouse), I'm seeing a strange issue when I highlight the System option in Confluence.

All of the other items to the left of System work fine, but when I have the word "System" highlighted (or am drilled down into that menu), the screen starts "shimmying" a few pixels left or right, and the picture flashes on and off. If I move away from System to any other option (such as Programs immediately to the right of it), the issue resolves itself.

Bug? User error? Appreciate thoughts!

AV
are you running with 'dirty-region' enabled under advancedsettings.xml ?

xbmc.log ?
davilla Wrote:are you running with 'dirty-region' enabled under advancedsettings.xml ?

xbmc.log ?

Hi Davilla —

I haven't manually edited anything in advancedsettings.xml (ever), so I don't think that setting has changed.

I did duplicate the issue with debugging enabled. However, for the life of me I cannot find the log file in OSX Lion. Wondering if it has something to do with Lion hiding folders? If someone can point me explictly to where I can find the log, I'll upload it to pastebin. (Note that I don't need just the path - I found that in the Wiki. I need instructions on how to get Lion to show the folder! Smile
Click into the Finder (anywhere on the desktop) so you see the "Go" menu. Press "option" on your keyboard and click on "Go" and it will show your user library, letting you open it without having to mess with hiding/showing files.

Alternatively, download TinkerTool and I believe there's a checkbox to show your user Library folder.
Thanks for the help folks. You can find a log file showing this issue here:

http://pastebin.com/K715xPpN

I primarily navigated between System (where it flickers) and one option to the left (Programs?) where the flickering stopped. Only System causes the flickering/flashing; all other options on the main menu do not cause this.
try to screencapture this effect so we can see what you see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shifting/Flickering Screen when Highlighting System option in Eden Beta 10