Hauppauge MediaMVP-client built-into XBMC
hello,

i was wondering if it is possible to stream live tv from my pc to my xbox, the best sollution i think is a mediamvp client for the xbox, since a few programs (sagetv / gbpvr ) have a mediamvp server feature...

any other suggestions are welcome though.

thanks in advance
hi all,
i recently read an article here about creating your own pvr. the option mentioned above used a pc to do all of the actual work (recording, streaming live tv, stored video's, etc) and used a hauppauge mediamvp to display a user interface on the television, and control all of the pc's pvr functionability. the mediamvp is basically a digital media receiver that hooks up to your network and handles output to your tv for viewing. sort of like an xbox ruinning xbmc. using the free software available at gbpvr.com couldn't the xbox work in this way? i.e. streaming all of the controls and content over your home network, and getting your home pc to do all of the hard work! that would complete xbmc! any comments appreciated!
chris
happauge makes a little device called the mediamvp. that really isn't that important, however there are a couple of pvr software packages that feature a server for the device that alows you to watch live/timeshifted tv (i think), and set programs to record, view the channel grid, etc...

pvr software that include this functionality include
sagetv ($78)
gb-pvr ($0)

i run a media server for my xbmc that i have two plextor px-tv402u's that record directly to dvix. i have used both sagetv and gbpvr, and recomend both of them.

what i'm hoping to explor in this thread is the possiblity of a script that would alow an xbmc enabled xbox to connect to a mediamvp server for the purpose of at least setting programs to record, or better yet watching live/timeshifted tv as it is captured on the server so you can pause, review, skip adds, etc...

what do you think?
is it possible to get a script that runs like the media mvp or a media extender? or is there a script that already exists?

i looked a few scripts and i am not sure if they will do what i want. ie) xmtv, mytv etc.
does this already exsist? is it to complicated? i searched and this hasnt covered..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hauppauge MediaMVP-client built-into XBMC0