Need some help fixing install.....
Well, I managed to break my installation trying to update my box to Eden Nightly build. I've been on Dharma forever running on top of Lucid (xbmc-live) installation.

Did "sudo apt-get update" & then "sudo apt-get upgrade" to get my copy of Lucid current.

After the update XBMC didn't auto-start and I just got the terminal login. When attempting to start the xbmc-live service I find it is already running, so it looks like the Xserver is jacked up.

What's the easiest way to wipe all my nvidia drivers and try to get this fixed?

I did an "apt-get remove xbmc" to remove the current xbmc installation. And then ran the following commands to get the latest Eden nightly build installed.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall xbmc-live xinit x11-xserver-utils

Once again xbmc-live service is running but no GUI, just the terminal window. I tried running "apt-get purge remove -nvidia-*" but it says it can't find any packages. When I tried to run the NVIDIA graphics installer downloaded from the nvidia site, it installs the driver successfully and updates my xorg.conf file but after rebooting, still just the terminal window.

My Lucid install is now up-to-date and I prefer not to re-install the OS as I am not interested in reconfiguring LIRC for my Harmony remote. That was fun enough the first 2 times Smile

So at this point I believe I have the latest nightly build of Eden installed and just need to fix the damn nvidia driver/Xserver issue to get up and running again. Any assistance is extremely appreciated. I need to get this box going again with Eden so that I can start working on my central MySQL DB for XBMC on my Ubuntu server. Thanks for any assistance getting back up and running.

Also, I'm running on an Acer Revo.

-hogfan
Well, I updated the OS all the way up to oneiric and now I"m working on getting XBMC re-installed. I also updated to the latest nvidia drivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some help fixing install.....0