[Apple TV 2] can't restart Box after choosing xbmc/Video/Streaming
Hi,
I've jailbroken my atv2 with seasonpass version 4.3.1, installed xbmc nightly build and nito.tv. All worked fine! So as it was a christmas present for my wife, wie tried it, when we streamed a tv Show - the software crashed - so i tried to restart the box by unplugging - then plugged in again - but it only starts for some seconds, than the led on the atv2 disappears and it doesn't react on any command! (i tried this several times) Is there a way to reset the Box or do i have do reinstall all the settings After the jailbroken?

Hope you can help a newbie, sorry for my poor englisch, best regards from Vienna!
Gerald
When you say it only starts for a few seconds, do you mean XBMC only starts for a few seconds, or the entire ATV2?

If it's the entire ATV2: 4.3 shouldn't be a tethered jailbreak, but it's possible that 4.4 got installed, which needs a tethered (computer-assisted) boot. You'd need to follow the tethered boot instructions from Seas0nPass.

If that's not it, you should be able to plug it into your computer and see if iTunes sees it. If not even iTunes sees it then it might just be defective. If iTunes sees it then I would try re-jailbreaking with Seas0nPass and starting fresh.
Hi,
I mean the entire Box. It's defintelely an unthetered jailbreak, because during setup and adding some addons i had to unplug the Box several times and there i didn't need any kind of thetered boot procedure.
If i connect the box to my computer, iTunes is able to see the Box (but i didn't dare to Push the restore-Button, because i suppose, this would set it back to Apple Factory settings and not in the jailbreaked State?)
So to your mind, there's no other way then to start the whole jailbreak procedure again, because there's no kind of "Push the Home-Button and the Down-Button for xx seconds" reset.
If this release is that unstable, that a simple Play-command sends the box to nirvana, is there any more stable Build of xbmc for the Apple 4.3.1?

Thanks for help,
Gerald
You could try to SSH into the ATV2 and see if it responds. If so we might be able to pull some logs that can tell us what is going on. I'm guessing the Syslog would be the one to grab if you are able to SSH in: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...c_FAQ#logs

Then just paste the text from that to pastebin.com and give us the link.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...og_for_iOS is for XMBC.log, but the same instructions work for the other log files too (just in different file locations).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2] can't restart Box after choosing xbmc/Video/Streaming0