Windows HTPC Users....What settings are you using?
Since many in this forum have built their own HTPC's I am wondering what settings everyone is using?
For my AMD A4-3400 I have the catalyst driver for the built in GPU but I havent really explored any of the video settings yet.
(I dont know if its my imagination or not but the picture when watching a video isnt quite as good as my Revo was.)

Also, what settings inside of XBMC do you use?
Match refresh rate to display?
Use fullscreen window?
Etc etc....
i keep all stock/default settings except, i enable DXVA2.
I have also been wondering the same because since my new build I feel the video quality is not as good.
If its SD video you think doesn't look good then you should be pulling up Video in the OSD and trying some of the different Video Scaling options Eden beta 1 has some pretty good scaling methods available now
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
eskro Wrote:i keep all stock/default settings except, i enable DXVA2.

I feel like whenever I enable DXVA2 I get lot more noticeable lag/ choppiness.
You may want to poke around inside Catalyst Control Center to see if you can adjust things a little better. I really like the video tweaks available in the Linux varieties and miss them on the Win7 builds at times.
I disable everything in the Video/ video settings tab in CCC.
toymachine2009 Wrote:I feel like whenever I enable DXVA2 I get lot more noticeable lag/ choppiness.
Please make sure that your MOBO and GPU drivers are up to date.

Have you try to disable everything and select the recommended resolution (or known as native) in CCC? If it doesn't fill in the entire screen with recommended resolution, you can adjust the scaling options (underscan------overscan) to fill in the entire screen. You can try "balance or high performance" power options in Windows 7 control panel too. You can try these options in XBMC afterward-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Looks like a few of you are using different settings than I am.
Guess I'll have to do some more experimenting.
I disabled everything in CCC. It was causing some choppiness and stuttering. The only thing that I kept is the automatic deinterlacing and pulldown detection.

For color, you might want to force the color scale (sp?) in CCC. Something along the lines of 16-255 instead of 0-255. I don't remember the details....

Under XBMC, I just enable DXVA2. When "Sync playback to display" is enabled, I had some stuttering each X minutes.

No frame drops or stuttering since.
eskro Wrote:i keep all stock/default settings except, i enable DXVA2.

Same here and in CCC also all stock. To me it plays flawless and sharp.
CCC also all stock too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows HTPC Users....What settings are you using?0