Remote and eden beta 1
Sad 
Hi neighbors and friends...

Well, I have just tried the first beta of eden and my remote stopped working. I use a Logitech Harmony one emulating the original remote of my Soundblaster x-Fi surround 5.1 (USB soundcard). It works fine with previous versions, but stops working with the new one. I have only tried my default night skin, maybe because of that...

Nothing else!!
I'm not sure if this is the best solution, but i use IRSS (IR Server Suite). One of the programs in the suite is called Translator. You can add in the exe file form your new XBMC install and then train the translator to interpret the keypresses from your remote and output them as keystrokes (use XBMC's keyboard shortcuts)..

Maybe someone else has a better solution, but that's a program im accustomed to so it's easy for me.

Are you sure you didnt make custom keypresses for your old install, but just forgot to pull them over?
Hi Xusqui. I completely rewrote the keyboard handling code for Eden, and it's possible this has affected your remote. I don't have a Soundblaster so I can't test the remote. Do you know how it was working? Does it send key presses? Did you have to use some extra software with it e.g. Eventghost?

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote and eden beta 10