properly linking addons that my addon is dependent on
I'm trying to get ready to release a video addon which uses t0mm0's script.module.t0mm0.common, Eldorado's script.module.metahandler (which in turn needs script.module.elementtree), etc.... I've gotten these various pieces in various ways and I'm not sure how I should package up my addon so that others get them properly. Can someone give me some pointers or point me in the direction of docs?
Take a peak at the addon.xml file of mine and t0mm0's scripts, you will see we have a <required> section:

Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.simplejson" version="2.0.10"/>
        <import addon="script.module.elementtree" version="1.2.7"/>
        <import addon="script.module.metahandler" version="0.0.1"/>
        <import addon="script.module.t0mm0.common" version="0.0.1"/>
    </requires>

Our scripts will ensure they have what they need, nothing your addon needs to worry about

So in your addon.xml, you only need the scripts that you are using

eg.

Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.metahandler" version="0.0.1"/>
        <import addon="script.module.t0mm0.common" version="0.0.1"/>
    </requires>

When are you looking to release? My metahandlers is close but not quite there yet, please wait until we can get them released officially so that we don't cause any issues with users
When you add them in you addon.xml you want to make sure they are available to user through the xbmc-repo (with the right version number). If not you can't add them as required. Releasing without them is not possible because users will need to install them their selves.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks for the responses guys. I was aware of how to reference dependencies, but I was pretty confident that Eldorado had not released metahandler yet (and wouldn't be in the official repo). Also, I couldn't even verify if t0mm0's common functions were there either because I couldn't find any of the library type plugins in the official repo.

**edit**

found this:
http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitw...ins;a=tree

which has a few of the script.module.*
This is the official list of scripts/add-ons that can be used from official repo:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks Martijn,

looks like I'll just include t0mm0's common lib directory in mine for now (it's not in the official list).

Eldorado, I'll just wait on you to finish up with metahandler before I try and "officially" release. In the meantime, I may put out a beta zip that either packages metahandler in or simply references to your thread as a dependency (whichever you prefer).

in case either of you are wondering, I did a sort of mashup of NZBMovieSeeker's toplists (weekly, monthly, and yearly) + streaming of easynews autounrar'd content. This pretty much gives you a nice interface on all of the latest scene releases (within 150-200 days of posting based on easynews membership level). It's something I've wanted to do for years but finally found the time over the holidays. It makes for a great gift (ATV2 + plugin = "unlimited" streaming movies that just work) for my family members that are hard to buy for Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
properly linking addons that my addon is dependent on0