[AppleTV2] XBMC on ATV2 - Help Required
Hello All,

Noob registered to try to fix a fairly annoying ATV 2 issue with XBMC Nerd

I have installed XBMC on my Jailbroken ATV2 and have connected my "Pictures" "Videos" and "Music" to their respective folders. I can see the folders and their sub folders through their repsective areas on XBMC.

Basically I can see "Frostwire/Saved/[Name of Album] but the content of the Album is empty.

The same applies to my photos and two the 2 videos I'm trying to view.

The folders are "Shared" to "Everyone" with read/write rights and by right clicking/properties/sharing/advanced sharing I can see everything is ok.

The Music files and photos are perfectly viewable on the Apple TV end of things but when i move into XMBC I cannot get them to view.

Needless to say I have googled this subject many times and tried a few different fixes but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. Nod
Are they empty just when you are first adding them as a source? When you first are navigating to the folders you want to add as sources they will appear to be empty (unless they have other folders) since at that point you are only choosing what folder you want to add as a share. Once added you should be able to see all the files just fine.
Ned Scott Wrote:Are they empty just when you are first adding them as a source? When you first are navigating to the folders you want to add as sources they will appear to be empty (unless they have other folders) since at that point you are only choosing what folder you want to add as a share. Once added you should be able to see all the files just fine.

It is sorted. The lack of buttons on the remote control and lack of connection between the remote and the ATV2 was at fault. I couldn't link them.

I have used my iPhone as a remote and was able to scroll and add the folders.

All sorted, thanks.
You ROCK!!! I spent all day trying to share with XBMC. I finally came across this post and you got me up an running within 2 seconds. Thanks again!!!

Jesse

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] XBMC on ATV2 - Help Required0