will there be further nightlies?
Just curious...I had a look 'round but couldn't find the answer to this. With Eden Beta out, I see there are still updates being made in github each day. Will there be any further nightlies, or will all these daily changes be rolled into the next official Eden update?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I'm pretty sure the nightlies will be on hold until Eden is officially released. After that the nightly builds will pick up again. I wouldn't suggest running the early builds after Eden though since they will likely be quite buggy. Now that I have Eden I don't think I'll bother with nightly builds until Audio Engine gets merged in.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
nightlies will resume on eden branch soon. they were halted until beta1 was out.
Thanks guys.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
so are we fine to just upgrade to eden beta now then from the nightly dec 11 build?
Yes you can update from the nightly to the new Eden release. I've done my 3 AppleTVs today and all upgraded fine from the latest/last nightly.

I do have some issues with crashing when updating the music library on all of them but I think that has been an issue for a while that may not have been fixed in Eden or maybe it is related to some of my music files, don't know.

Update: I fixed up some bad ID3 tags (I watched intently to see which albums caused the crash) and my music library is now updating with no problem. Something has obviously changed somewhere, though, as I've had these files for years and they successfully went into the older version database. The older version must have been more forgiving of bad tag data but the fact that it rejects it now isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it would be nicer if the error was trapped and told the user which files were bad rather than crashing the entire application.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
will there be further nightlies?0