[Windows] python error on all video addons
[Edit: I pasted a link to the debug log in my second post]

Hi,

I just discovered this great software and it works fine with video files and music files. But I can't get neither the weather nor the streamed videos to work.
Now I don't care much about the weather so I'll ask you about the videos:

I'm getting this error each time I try to run a video add on:
"script failed! addon.py"
or "script failed! Plugin.video.tedtalk" etc...

So far I tried these addons :
4Players
Academic Earth
CollegeHumor
Google Techtalks
Ted talks
Youtube

So I guess I could try them all and get the same error.

I first ran it on the 10.1 version, then tried to install the 11.0 version just in case, with no success (every error remains).

Any idea how I could fix this ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Antoine
Platypus Wrote:Hi,

I just discovered this great software and it works fine with video files and music files. But I can't get neither the weather nor the streamed videos to work.
Now I don't care much about the weather so I'll ask you about the videos:

I'm getting this error each time I try to run a video add on:

4Players
Academic Earth
CollegeHumor
Google Techtalks
Ted talks
Youtube

I first ran it on the 10.1 version, then tried to install the 11.0 version just in case, with no success (every error remains).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Antoine

we need to see the log to be able to help, look in my signature for how to and make sure its a debug log
Hi Amet,

There you go :
http://pastebin.com/hMtkwHEV

I set up the debug mode then quit and restarted, then went to video addons and tried to start a few of them to record a few errors.
Check your network settings, System>Settings>Network. Looks like your not able to reach the internet.
I don't think so, In System>System Info> Network, it shows "Internet:Connected", and "link:Connected".

And in System>Network I don't see much I could change, I tried to light up every Http/UPnP option, but the errors remain.
I tried a bunch of other plugins to see what may work, and I could make the Aljazeera plugin work, it's got a "watch live" item that works fine, and a "news clips" that doesn't.
Though for national geographic for example I cannot watch it.
I hope it helps.
@Platypus, i too have discovered these annoying errors.

i am not 100% certain, but i feel the problem may be that you may have an ip address not from the allowed region the site requires. i.e. not from USA

cause i have read others saying that the plugins work for them, but i continue to get errors.

i hope this helps.

Dam0
Thanks Dam0, but it seems it wasn't the issue. I could finally solve this problem.

I thought I was not using a proxy because it was disabled in Firefox and the installation of plugins through the xbmc system worked fine.
But in my windows parameter I found a ticked " use a proxy" checkbox. So I guess the proxy was default and firefox was bypassing it.

So I don't understand much of it, but at least now it's working Smile.
Platypus Wrote:Thanks Dam0, but it seems it wasn't the issue. I could finally solve this problem.

I thought I was not using a proxy because it was disabled in Firefox and the installation of plugins through the xbmc system worked fine.
But in my windows parameter I found a ticked " use a proxy" checkbox. So I guess the proxy was default and firefox was bypassing it.

So I don't understand much of it, but at least now it's working Smile.

Was this Internet Explorer internet options? or something in Windows?
I too cant get really any video add ons to work.
Thanks
so just to clarify Platypus....

you live in a region with a valid ip range for these sites? and had proxy set to use other region, and have recently turned off the proxy, thereby re-enabling successful authentication with US based servers??

because id like to access some of these channels also at some stage.

thanks in advance,
Dam0
Platypus Wrote:I'm getting this error each time I try to run a video add on:

4Players
Academic Earth
CollegeHumor
Google Techtalks
Ted talks
Youtube

Thanks a lot in advance.

Antoine

I am using the post above because of the simliarity to my attempts. No addons will download or operate with the exception of al jazeera Live. Here is the log file I hope.
http://pastebin.com/rSrBv7Eq

Yes I know I am a noob, be kind
I am getting the same script error when trying to watch Academic Earth but only when I try to access by Subjects, everything else in AE works fine.

Running XBMC on Apple TV 2.

I don't know how to provide a log.
How to make a log file.
kegobeer Wrote:How to make a log file.

Thank you.

So I have restarted my Apple TV 2. Launched XBMC/Videos/Video Add-Ons/Academic Earth/Subjects...

And I get on the lower right corner the following error message:
Quote:Error
Script Failed: addon.py

Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/pAaQQ0n3
TheFirstKira Wrote:Thank you.

So I have restarted my Apple TV 2. Launched XBMC/Videos/Video Add-Ons/Academic Earth/Subjects...

And I get on the lower right corner the following error message:

Here is the log
http://pastebin.com/pAaQQ0n3

A quick update to my current issue.

I had just recently, last Monday, January 16, 2012 purchased my Apple TV 2 and jailbroke it with Seas0n Pass, installed nitoTV, XBMC etc. I installed and uninstalled a lot of stuff (brand new toyBig Grin)

Last night I decided to restore my apple TV and start from scratch only installing the software that I really want is absolutely necessary.

After a fresh install I am still having the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] python error on all video addons0