Thinking of purchasing a barebones system and looking for feedback
Hi everyone. I have a question and I was hoping you all could help me out. You all have done such a great job steering me in the right direction so far.

I was planning on building a HTPC for my bedroom. I have spent a lot of time reading through Eskro's posts. I want it to connect to my media server and also be able to stream video from icefilms, freecable and navi-x. I was looking on newegg's website and I saw some barebones systems that I thought would suffice instead of me doing a whole custom build.

What are your thoughts on this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173031

Clicking on the details page it looks like it has a hard drive and RAM and also IR receiver and remote. Do any of you think there are downfalls to this setup? I do not watch 3d video and do not need it for the bedroom. Is there anything this box cannot do? Is there another build you recommend instead? I was hoping to stay under $300.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Only going off my basic understanding of low-end components but i would suggest going with an Intel Atom w/ Nvidia Ion board if you want something small. then again this could run fine, just have to wait and see if anyone on here has used it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thinking of purchasing a barebones system and looking for feedback0