Group #7 Build
I am in Canada and looking to build my first HTPC I have compiled a list of parts based on this build:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=720...stcount=11

I am assuming since I am adding the GT430 I wont need the Zotac G210?

I am hoping to run OpenElec on it as well, but not totally tied to it, just a preference.

Here is my list:
  • Intel Celeron G530 Dual-Core 2.4GHz LGA1155 65W
  • ASUS P8H61-M LX (REV 3.0) LGA-1155 UEFI μATX
  • SILVERSTONE ML03B μATX
  • SeaSonic SS-400ET 80+ Bronze 400W ATX12V
  • ASUS GT430 1GB DDR3 128-bit Low Profile
  • PSU Power cord
  • Kingston ValueRAM KVR667D2S5/2G PC2-5300 2GB 1X2GB DDR2-667 200PIN SODIMM Memory
  • Patriot Torqx 2 Solid State Drive, SATA II, 32GB

Anyone see anything they might change or add? I will be ordering most of the items from NCIX and TigerDirect.

My total in Canadian is $403.89
In case you're not aware pricebat.ca great for scouting and ncix will pricematch.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
well, incorrect ram thats for sure...
check in my HTPC guide for correct modules...
you need DDR3 / 1333Mhz or 1066MHz / 240-pin

if u dont need 3D playback, go for the GT210.

and yes, NCIX priceMatch is the best thing for us canadians!
thethirdnut Wrote:In case you're not aware pricebat.ca great for scouting and ncix will pricematch.

Good advice, I've dealt with NCIX for PC parts for a number of years, however on my current build I discovered Memory Express, they also price match plus they will discount 25% of the difference as well so if you find a sale on a regularly priced item at Memory Express the extra 25% makes a big difference
Thanks for the replies. I did actually use pricebot.ca. Eskro had put me on to them in a previous post.

I am hoping to combine shipping to save some $$ also. Thanks for the catch on the Ram, that would have been a pain. Desktop ram is what I am looking for right?

I found this, I think it is suitable ?
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=61274&vpn=...e=Kingston
specs are correct seveneleven
Thank you very much for your guides and replies. I have ordered all the parts, looking forward to putting it together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Group #7 Build0