• 2(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
Just installed it, was searching for a widget in the market yesterday and was convinced the official remote had one.

I really like the fanart feature, that's pretty majorly cool. The only thing I'd add is the ability to open the official remote when you tap on the widget and for it to go straight to the now playing section.
Works well on the HTC Evo 3D and a nook color running CM7.

My only suggestion would be if you can restore the the wallpaper to what it was before the fanart not the default. Other than that very cool widget and I can't wait to see if you can port Yatse to android! Big Grin
Really excited to see the wallpaper idea implemented!
@loki131 : the problem is that android is very limited on api for wallpapers.

I can't backup live wallpaper and restore them, and with the standard API there's case where the quality is awfull.
The only good way i found need ultra high permissions and i don't think users will like to install a widget that demand those permissions.
I'll try to put an option to try the save.

And for Yatse it won't be a port i can only do full rewrite Smile Will see if time for that.
New version uploaded.

Solved the crash reported by some users (thanks for taking time to send them).
Added the remote control part (Not very good design but perfect design is for the end or if someone have time / idea Smile )

Just click the image to go to the remote.
Settings and about are now in the menu part of the remote.

Next will be a detailed current media view with a progress bar since it's not possible to put progress bar in widget android is really limited on widget side Sad

Edit : if an moderator can change the title of the topic to : [Android] Yatse Widget - Now Playing Widget and Remote for Android 2.2+ and Eden
Thanks Smile
New version 0.9.3.

Can now backup and restore static wallpaper (an option to replace live wallpaper is available in advanced settings no restore).
Demands a new permission to correct on bug on galaxy nexus .... (Thanks for the reports)
Lots of internal changes for performances and next things Smile

Lots of download but not a lot of feedback. If some users can tell how the widget / remote looks on their phone (a screenshot would be perfect) thanks. So i can see the problems with all those resolution / dpi things.
here you go:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2eqb9ed.png
http://i39.tinypic.com/24g99q0.png

I will test the new version and report if i´m having any problems.
Thanks for the screenshots Smile May i abuse and ask one about the remote part and and phone model you use ?

Thanks again.
Tolriq Wrote:May i abuse and ask one about the remote part and and phone model you use ?
Thanks again.

Sure no problem:
http://i40.tinypic.com/33dvxxw.png

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 with stock rom 4.0.1
Wow, loving this, especially with the remote! Tested fine on my HTC desire HD running android 2.3.5. Will test on my Asus eee pad when I can and post feedback for you!
Thanks for feedback.

New version uploaded 0.9.4

Image Image

- Adds a full now playing screen with progress bar and more information on current media. (Click on the text in the widget)
- The play button now change from play to pause according to the media state.
- Lots of internal changes / optimizations

Attention for old users, this release need a uninstal of the old application before installing.
Sorry for that but had to move to correct package name and signing key.

All major features are here now. Time for design and details.
If an artist pass here and have nothing better to do SmileSmile
I'm excited to try the newest version.. I was trying to take a screen shot with CM7 on an OGDROID but I kept having force close issues... But everything looks just like your sample pics do.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes I'll be watching something and leave with my phone before it is over, at which point it seems the widget has a hard time detecting if something is playing or not and doesn't seem to respond as expected (I tried with and without the wifi only setting). Not a big issue, but it will be stuck displaying the last played media and fanart until I either manually refresh the widget or play/stop something (if Im at home). That being said when I am using it and the media ends, the widget and wallpaper respond as I would expect it to... Only when wifi disconnects or I leave the network does that become an issue.

I've been tossing user interface idea around in my head all week, but cant seem to ponder up anything I like the idea of.. If I have a stroke of brilliance or something, I'll be sure to share any ideas!
Well, for battery saving when not connected to network i stop pooling data (also when screen off for example since no api to know when the widget is visible or not).

So in the case you move out it's normal (well for the moment :p i'll think about handling better that) that the widget stop refreshing.

What i don't see is that if you came back connected with wifi the widget should update.
If i understand correctly what you say :
- you start a film the widget show info
- you move out of wifi range
- you came back in wifi range the widget does not update even after 5 6 sec
- you don't touch the widget but start / stop a media directly from XBMC and the widget updates ?
Tolriq Wrote:Well, for battery saving when not connected to network i stop pooling data (also when screen off for example since no api to know when the widget is visible or not).

So in the case you move out it's normal (well for the moment :p i'll think about handling better that) that the widget stop refreshing.

What i don't see is that if you came back connected with wifi the widget should update.
If i understand correctly what you say :
- you start a film the widget show info
- you move out of wifi range
- you came back in wifi range the widget does not update even after 5 6 sec
- you don't touch the widget but start / stop a media directly from XBMC and the widget updates ?

This is pretty accurate to what I'm experiencing, but its worth adding that the widget it'self updates, just not the wallpaper. But sometimes I'll leave it for a bit and when I come back to it the wallpaper has changed back as expected. I haven't found any pattern to it really, but my phone is usually running on minimum memory anyway so that may contribute to the problem.
OK.

Next version will handle a not connected state that also reset the wallpaper if needed.
So should handle this problem.

Will also add hard keys support in remote and details views.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24