• 40(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
Ok now is time for release Smile

2.0 is out

Full library support with offline mode added and support for Frodo alphas.

Much more to come.

If you like don't forget to spread the word Smile
2.0.1 uploaded to correct a bug with virtual keyboard Smile
Hi Tolriq,

Great job on this remote/widgets.

I asked this on the SoulMote remote thread too, but I'd like to ask you as well. Just out of curiosity, how come you decided to release your own android remote rather than contributing to the official android remote? The official remote is open source, but unfortunately no commits have been made in over 4 months. It is already pretty stable and full of features (Thousands of people are already using it). It just needs talented developers like you to add some more functionality from time to time to keep it up-to-date.

Source is hosted on github: https://github.com/freezy/android-xbmcremote

Like I said, I am just curious, because I am starting to see several android remotes popping up, all providing some great but different functionality, and all with a lot of talent and effort behind them (while the official remote hasn't seen any updates in over four months). I'd love to see you guys combine your talents, efforts and time to create the one android remote to rule them all. :-) Excuse the pun

Thanks
Yatse is the one android remote to rule them all Smile

More seriously I started to do remotes for Xbmc for Windows before official xbmc remote exists, then I wanted to port my job to Android.
When learning Android I can assure you the actual code of Xbmc is clearly not understandable Smile Freezy does a good top of the art job but not given to anyone to follow. (And the remote needs a lots of work to switch to JSON).

But main reason is that I do remotes that's fill my needs, and if possible I add users requests and offer them the possibility to donate, this way of acting is clearly not compatible with official open sources projects.
Awesome new release Tolriq!

Just wondering tho, I noticed when I have a bluetooth keyboard attached, the arrow keys work in the remote mode on your app, but thats about it.. Any chance we could see some expanded support for connected keyboards?

Thanks for all your hard work!
Not sure to understand what you want Smile
And a last one for today just to show that 2.0 is just the beginning and not an end Smile

I guess my post really wasn't too clear :p

When in the remote mode of your app, if I have a bluetooth keyboard attached to my device it will let me use the arrow key to send basic directional info to xbmc. The thing is only the arrow keys work, not enter or any characters.. I was hoping if I pushed the keyboard input button on your remote, it would allow me to type to xbmc thru the bluetooth keyboard (considering connecting a keyboard just replaces the android keyboard, I figured that would work). Unfortunately it doesn't function that way..

I basically am asking if you would be able to pass the bluetooth keyboard button presses thru to xbmc, using the remote mode of your app.. I wouldn't even ask if the arrow keys didn't already work, but it led me to believe it may be a useful feature.

EDIT: Just saw your previews for tablet mode, oh man I need to get me one soon! Looks good!
Well there's actually a limitation in Xbmc about key press sending, there's 2 way of sending them one for filling dialog boxes and one for key-map.

Even in Frodo it seems that it's still the way to go, I saw notification about if dialog is shown or not, but no way to check after so not a very reliable method if you start yatse just for one thing.

Right now Yatse send key-presses in remote mode in filling dialog mode when you don't press the keyboard icon.
If you press the keyboard icon, normally it should be the same and if no physical keyboard a virtual one should show.

If you long press the keyboard icon you go key-map mode, and it should work with physical and virtual one.
Well due to a bug 2.0.1 and android 2.3 (f..k android docs not up to date Sad )

Here's build 2.1

- Added new grid view for tablets (See options to activate this)
- Corrected crash on android 2.3
(2012-07-24, 21:59)Tolriq Wrote: Yatse is the one android remote to rule them all Smile

More seriously I started to do remotes for Xbmc for Windows before official xbmc remote exists, then I wanted to port my job to Android.
When learning Android I can assure you the actual code of Xbmc is clearly not understandable Smile Freezy does a good top of the art job but not given to anyone to follow. (And the remote needs a lots of work to switch to JSON).

But main reason is that I do remotes that's fill my needs, and if possible I add users requests and offer them the possibility to donate, this way of acting is clearly not compatible with official open sources projects.

Thanks for the explanation Tolriq. I did not know about those limitations with the official remote. It makes sense now.

I will definitely check out your remote as I have a whole bunch of android devices in the house.
This is by far the best xbmc remote that I have used for either iOS and Android. Works perfectly, like the standard (non gesture) remote, and the recent update of browsing my media is fantastic.

I know you are still working on the media browsing, but I do have one question. For TV Shows, its popping up banners and posters. I'm not sure how its popping banners up since I don't have any banner images in my folders, but would you be able to add a selection; Posters or Banners? It's probably something you are already working on/ or have planned. But just wondering.

Anyways, great free remote, and defiantly worth the cheap unlock price (can't remember the price, purchased it a while ago :-P )
Thanks for feedback.

About mixed banners / posters, it's a problem on Xbmc side Sad For the moment I don't know how to correct this, when I get the data I can get only one image from Xbmc.
And this image should be poster or banner if you use them. Not mixed.

But the fact is that for some users Xbmc send me wrong data and I can"t get correct one.

I'll add support for banners, but for this mixed thing no solution apart from cleaning the images on Xbmc side perhaps there's other thread on that in the forum Sad
(2012-07-25, 00:18)Tolriq Wrote: And a last one for today just to show that 2.0 is just the beginning and not an end Smile

I'm gonna love this one my friend.... Big Grin Rofl
(2012-07-26, 20:49)salora Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 00:18)Tolriq Wrote: And a last one for today just to show that 2.0 is just the beginning and not an end Smile

I'm gonna love this one my friend.... Big Grin Rofl

2.1 is already published with that feature Smile Just check the options.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24