• 54(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
(2012-08-31, 17:54)ViZZY Wrote: btw, slight issue i've noticed with 2.5.8...images for albums/movie covers/tv show shots/etc are randomly disappearing and refreshing from all widgets and the notifications. this never occurred before afaik, and sometimes the image will disappear for up to 10 seconds and then suddenly come back.

I also happen, but for me no come back sometimes. Sad
@DarkHelmet logical requests Smile

@PatOso + ViZZY : There where no change on this part. But to prepare new functions I do sync a few more data, I suppose this leads to too much data that finish to clean the memory cache.
What device do you use ? do you know the size of dalvik heap in your rom ? Smile
(2012-08-31, 20:01)Tolriq Wrote: @PatOso + ViZZY : There where no change on this part. But to prepare new functions I do sync a few more data, I suppose this leads to too much data that finish to clean the memory cache.
What device do you use ? do you know the size of dalvik heap in your rom ? Smile

i use stock GSM unlocked Galaxy Nexus.

edit: also noticed that the widgets will usually continue to display the title and time but sporadically will display "xbmc is not available" as this is occurring and the controls will of course also cease to function momentarily. i also noticed that when scrolling my homescreens, with different widgets resized in different ways will often display the image as i get to the page and then it disappears and refreshes. thanks for looking into this, Tolriq.
Hum yes it seems Nexus heap is by default only 32Mb so maybe the reason Sad

I'm pretty sure that if you can modify your build.prop with like dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m it would be better.

But I suppose I'll need to continue working on memory usage of the app Sad

Edit : it's hard to follow edits :p

If it says xbmc is not available it means there's a problem between xbmc and yatse, (I propose on Xbmc side if frodo :p) and at least for 3 times this can of course slow Yatse getting images.
Have you disabled the cache option in advanced settings ? And if not can you check that you have images correctly saved on your sdcard ? (\Android\data\org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree\cache\small)
(2012-08-31, 20:26)Tolriq Wrote: Hum yes it seems Nexus heap is by default only 32Mb so maybe the reason Sad

I'm pretty sure that if you can modify your build.prop with like dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m it would be better.

But I suppose I'll need to continue working on memory usage of the app Sad

Edit : it's hard to follow edits :p

If it says xbmc is not available it means there's a problem between xbmc and yatse, (I propose on Xbmc side if frodo :p) and at least for 3 times this can of course slow Yatse getting images.
Have you disabled the cache option in advanced settings ? And if not can you check that you have images correctly saved on your sdcard ? (\Android\data\org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree\cache\small)

haha sorry for edits. yes, the cache images is enabled in advanced settings and i have what appears to be a little over 1,000 little files in that folder...

noticed something else though. some images are more likely to cause this issue than others, i don't know if it's related to the image res/file size or perhaps when the file was added, before or after a particular update. i tested with two albums and one causes constant refreshes that can easily be replicated while another only occurred once while taking a screenshot and it came right back and doesn't seem to be replicated nearly as easily. i am going to reboot my phone since it's been up 157 hours now with no issues otherwise but if that doesn't help i'll do a clean install of yatse and another fresh reboot and see if that solves anything before you start digging any deeper...
so far so good on fresh reboot with the same image causing the constant refreshes. two songs in it seems safe to say it's stable, apologies for any time wasted but i will of course report any recurrences. thanks, Tolriq! :]
hum same forum bug Smile seems 1st post of new page is bugged Sad
Tablet Android 2.3
I use this tablet:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/es/erato-an...57314.html

The cache option in advanced settings is Enable
I do not have sd card, i use the internal memory with 8GB capacity.
In my tablet, Data "Yatse" are in:

/internal memory/Android/data/org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree/cache & files/

into cache/ 3 folder: original, small & medium
original: empty
small: data
medium: data

The images are not show without connection with XBMC. Sad

some screenshots

Thanks
Apologies if this is covered somewhere in the 81 pages. I checked the first few and last few, and searched, but it's hard to search for the letter E Undecided
I can't seem to type the letter E using Yatse's keyboard. All other keyboard functions (including backspace) seem to work fine, but when I press e, i get nothing, or sometimes an o. I'm using an HP Touchpad with Android/Cyanogenmod on it, and I've tried the stock keyboard and Swype.
edit: also tested with rooted phone, android 2.3.7, cyanogenmod 7.2 nightly, same result using stock and swype keyboards

Probably unrelated, but also a keyboard issue:
When using swype, usually only the 1st letter or fragment of a word will be entered on screen. This goes for the .com button as well; I'll frequently only get .c or .co
@PatOso : I'll need a full debug log please activate it in advanced settings, do a sync and browse and scroll some of the screen then send it (in org.leetz..../files) and 2 or 3 files from small and medium directory.

@perkins.jt : there's nothing in the code for special e treatment :p the only thing that may have impact is if your e is not really an e but an Unicode special e from your country, then due to EventServer limitation I need to send it via HTTP and this is far way less reliable Sad You can activate debug log and send me the file so I can check if it goes by http.

For global words this is a more or less normal limitation of android due to the way I more or less hack the system to get this direct keyboard to screen function. I can't really get a full direct keyboard and a word typing then send like in official app at the same time.
(2012-09-01, 11:10)Tolriq Wrote: @PatOso : I'll need a full debug log please activate it in advanced settings, do a sync and browse and scroll some of the screen then send it (in org.leetz..../files) and 2 or 3 files from small and medium directory.

I sent a private message.

Thanks Tolriq.Blush

In the logs they are some images loaded from cache.

Does some images shows when not connected ? Then when scrolling disappear and don't reappear ?
(2012-09-01, 13:00)Tolriq Wrote: In the logs they are some images loaded from cache.
Does some images shows when not connected ? Then when scrolling disappear and don't reappear ?
yeah Nod

Connected to XBMC works fine.
Ok so this is more or less normal Smile

This was on todo list but I'm doing it right now, I change the download & cache system to go to a dual linked queue. This will resolve this kind of problems without impacting performance of asynchronous cache system.
Very good news, continue the great work.Laugh

Thanks
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24