• 26(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
Tolriq,

A couple things I noticed. On the Official XBMC android remote they have the option to set up multiple hosts with a pretty good way to switch between them. I have two computers running XBMC. One is in the front room and the other in the bedroom. Is there a way enhance this to make it so that I can manage multiple hosts with a quick and easy way to switch between them? Right now if I have my remote set to the one in the bedroom and then move downstairs I need to switch to that one. My memory isn't as good as it used to be and trying to remember the IP address of each machine is getting difficult.

At times there's a "seeming" long delay or "unresponsiveness" to your widget (and remote) when I have the wrong host IP set. Some of this is perception in not recognizing which host it is set to. Placing something stating the active host would be great. Other times there is a real unresponsiveness that can be frustrating. This happens when the host IP address is set yet XBMC is not loaded. Can you eliminate this unresponsiveness or minimize it?

Other issues:

1) On the remote portion of your app at the center top there is an icon. That either changes or you changed it from a WOL to something else, and then maybe back. It's hard to tell what happened. On one of my devices it was the WOL icon, then on another it is an icon that represents tools. Did I make this change to that functionality (maybe depending on which function I'm on) or did you change it then change it back?

2) Your widget says "widget" on it. Can you remove that? I know it is a widget, especially so on those that are 3rd party such as yours.

3) You fixed your version of the "send to". Great job. That's what made me donate. BTW, I would have donated more. I have identified another website that you might want to look at. JUSTIN.TV is one of them. There seems to be no way to "send to" XBMC from those web pages.

4) Can you put a progress slider on the "widget"? Not just a progress indicator, but a functional slider. That way I don't have to tap and wait for the full remote to load.

5) Is there a way to get this set up to work on WebOS?
1.- that button is made that way if you computer is off then is for wol if is on is custom setting Wink

2.- no comment

3.-that depend of how the webmaster made the page xbmc reads the url to the video / music xbmc don't had a browser that can show a webpage and play any content

4.- android don't had that kind of development yet , is not possible in any current android version, meaby in next releases who knows when

5.- WebOs is dead lol HP pull the plug , so no lol
Btw torliq I was thinking that from the remote widget there is not really use for the power button, view mode and info why don't you change it for the volume control and mute

What do you thinks guys what do you think is most needed for you on the widgets
Hi there
(2012-04-12, 09:54)warlion Wrote: Btw torliq I was thinking that from the remote widget there is not really use for the power button, view mode and info why don't you change it for the volume control and mute

What do you thinks guys what do you think is most needed for you on the widgets

me uses the powerbutton really often. Big Grin
There seem to be very different user interests. Hard for tolriq :-D

THX
Chaos
@Jimbo99 : The multi Xbmc is planned for the version after the one that is coming.

What do you mean by unresponsive ? If the ip is bad none of the functions will works but it's quite normal Smile but if you click image you have instant access to the remote. All the network is threaded so no impact on the remote.
The only case you can have a little slowdown would be during the little phase when you shutdown xbmc and the widget have not yet detected it.

For the other points :
1) If the widget is not connected to Xbmc it shows the Wol icon, if it's connected it shows the special commands, since no need to Wol a connected Xbmc.
2) Don't see the point
3) You can always donate more there's a donate button on the website (go to Yatse 2 to find it, removed from Yatse Widget to avoid problems with Google ...). For Justin.tv it seems that it's flash streaming so I can't send them like that to Xbmc. Perhaps there's a Xbmc plugin that allows Justin.tv to works, if yes I'll need the plugin and the way to call it remotely (perhaps you can ask the author).
4) I can't limitation of Android. New version will be able to show times as texts in the widgets. But to quickly move in the media you can use the Remote Widget, the arrow left / right moves 10 or 30 sec and the up / down 5 or 10 min don't remember exactly. And you can go directly to Detailed Now playing by clicking the text and not the image.
5) No way either too specific and dead product Smile

@warlion : Lot's of people use the power button as the power menu that some skins adds functions to it Smile same for the other commands Sad
There's no perfect remote that will fill every body needs Sad
I can add the mute button to the bottom left of the remote widget, but no place for + and - for the moment.

About Justin.tv just lost 2 hours watching LiquidTlo playing SCII :p

But good news is that next version will have the share to Xbmc for livestream since it seems only that are supported by the plugin http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51981
New version 1.6 published:

New option : Show times in widgets.
New option : Show System Notification for Now Playing.
Corrected : Keyguard option handling
Added : Support for Justin.tv plugin for Send to Xbmc.
Added : Support for Xbmc Starter (See Wiki) - Long press Wol or Special Command icon in Remote.
Added : Mute button in Remote Widget.
Hi tolriq

concerning sliders in android wigdets.
Do you know this wigdet presented here.

Maybe that is a solution. Looks nice, though i did not give it a try.

Edit:
Update looks good. Can we have covers in the notification bar. If i drop the bar down i have a huge orange E(Yatse Logo) in ICS :-D.

THX
Chaos
The slider is more or less a dialog started from an empty activity.
Since clicking the text shows a full now playing with the slider and informations, I'm not really sure this is a needed stuff.

The new logo is great :p I put it everywhere :p. I used standard notification that use the icon as image, I'll see to change that in a new version but not sure that covers in a such small place will render beautiful.
(2012-04-12, 20:11)Tolriq Wrote: The slider is more or less a dialog started from an empty activity.
Since clicking the text shows a full now playing with the slider and informations, I'm not really sure this is a needed stuff.

Not sure how that works. IMHO looks nice and found it.

(2012-04-12, 20:11)Tolriq Wrote: The new logo is great :p I put it everywhere :p. I used standard notification that use the icon as image, I'll see to change that in a new version but not sure that covers in a such small place will render beautiful.
Why not? Google Play Music uses them too in the dropped down notification.
Like the logo too, but i am always concerned that one day someone from engagdet sends you an email.
IMHO their logo looks similar but hopefully i am wrong Wink

THX
Chaos
Never seen this logo but not a reader of engadget :p

For me they seems quite different but who knows they surely know how to contact me if it's a problem.
Hi there

(2012-04-12, 23:47)Tolriq Wrote: Never seen this logo but not a reader of engadget :p

For me they seems quite different but who knows they surely know how to contact me if it's a problem.
that is what i think, as they had a similar problem for using magenta color and got sued bye t-mobile.

Some crazy things going on...

thx
Chaos
Wow never seen the magenta problem Smile

The world is totally screwed up Smile
Is not going to be a problem with the logo is different font and style, actually is more similar to one app of WebOS Lol
This is a conspiracy against my sleep :p
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24