• 233(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
Hi,

why can't i see any radio stations on yatse in the pvr menu? It has been working before. Has there been any update that would have messed this up?
Sorry my crystal ball did not answer this question.

So http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/Debug as usual Smile
(2015-05-24, 10:07)Tolriq Wrote: Well all depends on if the IP are in the same network or not.

And of course check your firewall Smile

If the IP are not in the same network then your firewall need to support WOL via WAN to correctly forward the packet to broadcast.

IP is definitely on the same network. I am able to switch on the PC/HTPC through Yatse's WOL packet. But it doesn't open the kodi application when I try sending WOL once it has booted up.
Well either path is wrong or permissions or firewall Sad
Feature request:
please add option to include pictures in left menu or add option to include favorites in files/playlists of app in the left menu of app
Favourites are already there and can now be imported from Kodi.

Yatse remember your last screen so if you only use pictures from files / playlist view it will always go there first.
I've used Yatse for many years now I think and it still getting better like a fine wine.

I know this doesn't really concern you but I would love to see a Yatse skin for Kodi to have a really immersive experience. Sadfully the Kodi team still launch an amazing product without a proper official skin or identity and completely disregard the interface and navigation (perhaps one if not the most important part of a software of this kind). Confluence was always a joke but in 2015 it's a very bad one.

Keep up the good work!
I'm pretty sure the Team have plans for a better default skin from some thread I've seen.

The problem they face as always when targeting mass people is that it needs to cover 100% of the needs, easy to use yet powerful and beautiful, not easy to achieve.
I see, I'm a designer so this always bothered me, even their official remotes from ios and android are completely different. As I use both Plex and Kodi, they are amazing pieces of software and I know they are geared towards different needs, but I really think many users are turned off by the maze that Confluence at first impression.

Did Yatse ever considered creating a skin to match the remote interface?
So a skin with the default view being a whole lot of remote control buttons?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Passenger, I'm not designer, and know nothing about skinning in Kodi Wink

@nickr what a beautiful comment ...., Yatse is 200 different screens, configurable views for each and every listing, so talking about the remote screen that every changes triggered drama is quite reductive and could be badly taken, this only shows that you do not like Yatse and have not understood it's purpose, no need to post here then ...
To continue to make ‎Yatse‬ evolve, I'm starting a little contest on a controversial part : The remote and now playing screen.

Since Google+ better suits for that, the contest is managed there : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/...6928162280

Please join the community and participate, your voices and remarks on proposals are important to understand your needs and make Yatse better.

Do not underestimate your voices as Yatse has always been made towards users needs and input.
Had a question regarding voice commands with Yatse. I've read through the following link, but still needed some assistance: http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/w...ceCommands

When I press the microphone button in the app, it doesn't seem to work for some of the voice commands listed as possible on the above page. Play/pause work fine, but I've found that "Play 'X' movie" or "Play 'X' Show" does not work. For instance, should I be able to say "Play season 2, episode 5 of Game of Thrones" and have it work? I tried that along with just "Play Game of Thrones," but in both cases the Yatse app just gave an error that said "No Media Found". I was thinking another nice possible voice command would be "Play the next episode of Game of Thrones," but I wasn't sure if it had enough smarts to look at the last watched episode or to evaluate my watch history on a show. I wasn't sure if it was a problem of my voice command choices being too complex, or if something was not working properly in my initial testing.

Any help/clarification is appreciated!
Well as usual : http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/Debug when having problems Smile

Yatse does not currently handle season / episode numbers as it's way too many possible combination in every supported languages but it support Watch the next episode of Game of Thrones and Watch the last episode of for example as show in the Wiki.

http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/w...e-commands

You should always use the more specific command as watch or listen instead of play to limits problems.
(2015-06-02, 19:42)Tolriq Wrote: Well as usual : http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/Debug when having problems Smile

Yatse does not currently handle season / episode numbers as it's way too many possible combination in every supported languages but it support Watch the next episode of Game of Thrones and Watch the last episode of for example as show in the Wiki.

http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/w...e-commands

You should always use the more specific command as watch or listen instead of play to limits problems.

Ok, I'll try it again tonight using "watch" and "listen" and see if I have better luck. I can definitely understand the complexity of adding in season/episode numbers, but please feel free to consider it as a feature request by me. Smile

As a separate question, is there any way you can think of to quick launch the microphone inside Yatse? Currently it takes two button clicks to start up the microphone (I have to click the top left to open the left side menu, then click the microphone). So for things like "play" and "pause," it almost never makes sense to use voice commands, as just pressing the play/pause button only takes the one click and would be quicker. Would there be any consideration to putting the microphone button out on the main remote page (next to the keyboard button)? This would at least remove one of the button clicks to launch voice commands.

I'm currently trying to think of a way to integrate Tasker and AutoVoice to get the Yatse voice commands to be a little more integrated. It'd be nice to have something like "OK Kodi" be a wake-up command for Yatse voice commands, but I haven't found a way to get this to work just yet. Closest thing I can think would involve me needing to say "OK Google" then "OK Kodi" and then my voice command itself.

I'll be posting in Tasker forums, but figured I'd see if you had any thoughts on implementing something like that.
  • 233(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24