Eden and PowerDVD not working together
All the betas I tried have had this problem, as XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta 1 still has it, maybe someone know what's going on.

I have created a shortcut to PowerDVD in XBMC. In v10.1 it works perfect, but in v11.0 betas, it does not. When I launch the shortcut I get a Windows error message:

"C:\Program is not available."

"Access denied"

My Windows 7 is swedish and XBMC is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC.

PowerDVD is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD11.

Could this be some kind of localization problem?
did you try to recreate the shortcut?
Yes, I did. No difference.
In my case I can't launch blu-ray disc (with Powerdvd) with "protocols=bd", but I can launch Powerdvd to play BD&BD3D perfectly....so...whats the problem?

Thanks and regards.
A guess would be that XBMC tries to find C:\Program\ which does not exist. Maybe the new build doesn't handle spaces in paths?
PowerDVD seems to work fine with Eden on my HTPC. Here is the external player codes that I used on my HTPC- XBMC Pre Eden freezes when a bluray is inserted. My codes is in post #12. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
You need to post a debug log showing an attempt to launch PowerDVD.

Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then close XBMC and start it again. Wait a minute or two for all the start tasks to finish, then try and play a film using PowerDVD. After it has failed, close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You need to post a debug log showing an attempt to launch PowerDVD.

Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, then close XBMC and start it again. Wait a minute or two for all the start tasks to finish, then try and play a film using PowerDVD. After it has failed, close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR

I will do this when I get home this afternoon.

A little update thou, as I thought the launchers was the problem: I tried both Advanced Launcher and the older Launcher. Both starts PowerDVD with Dharma 10.1, and neither work with Eden Beta 1.

The older launcher needs DOS-paths to even start PowerDVD, and Advanced Launcher works "out of the box". However, none of the launchers allows me to actually start PowerDVD. Both launchers just makes XBMC quickly flash to desktop, then back into XBMC like nothing happened.

EDIT: Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/pxra8gAF
Fixed here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=972...count=2852
Ah, OK, I'd missed the fact you were using Advanced Launcher. This isn't an XBMC issue. You need to contact the authors of the Advanced Launcher add-on.

JR
Muyfa666 Wrote:A little update thou, as I thought the launchers was the problem: I tried both Advanced Launcher and the older Launcher. Both starts PowerDVD with Dharma 10.1, and neither work with Eden Beta 1.[/url]
It isn't Eden Beta 1 issue then. Aren't there two launchers for PDVD? You might want to use the MCE launcher version instead. You'll find that I used two different version of TMT5 launchers in my external codes below. Smile

In case anyone interesting in external player codes, I created these new external player codes for XBMC Eden Beta 1 yesterday. It launched and playbacked all BD files on all three of my HTPC's fine with Eden Beta 1. These codes will allow you to playback blu-ray disc (XBMC "Play Disc" option), iso, m2ts, mkv, avi, ts, etc with TMT5 (if you're using PDVD, you'll need to replace TMT5 in bat and xml files with PDVD):
1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden and PowerDVD not working together0