ITX and ATX motherboard recomendation
Big Grin 
Hello Everyone,

I have been browsing the forums for about a month before deciding to register. I am in the process of building my own HTPC for me Theatre room and my bedrooms. Can anyone recommend a good Zotac or ASRock motherboard?

I have a Origen S21T case for the media room and a few Origen M10's for the bedrooms. I would like to stick with ASRock and Zotac since I can get some good discounts on those boards. I need a board that is friendly with the openelc version of xmbc.

I fall under group 7

Group #7
* HDTV possess HDMI ports
* wants to play SD movies (DivX, XviD)
* wants to play DVD movies
* wants to play 720P movies
* wants to play 1080P movies
* wants to stream 1080P Hulu content
* wants to stream 1080P Netflix movies (Windows only)
* wants to Bistream HD-Audio
* wants to play 3D 1080P movies

Open to suggestions, thanks everyone!
openELEC doesnt Bistream HD-Audio as of today.
recommended ASROCK boards are in my HTPC guide.
Thanks for some reason I had to clear my brower cache to get those links to work. What is a good wifi card to use in the M10 case? Looks like the ASRock's dont have any wifi's.
This build with Windows 7 should playback everything in your list with ease then-

1. Case- Origenea M10
2. MOBO- ASRock A75M-ITX FM1
3. APU- AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz
4. SSD- Patriot Torqx 2 PT264GS25SSDR 2.5" 64GB
5. RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB
6. BD-RE-Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner
7. Wireless Adapter- Dual-band N USB Adapter 300MBPS
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hypedave Wrote:Thanks for some reason I had to clear my brower cache to get those links to work. What is a good wifi card to use in the M10 case? Looks like the ASRock's dont have any wifi's.

its also in my guide, i list recommended WiFi cards...
just read man Tongue
Thanks Guys! Seems AMD is the route to go. Now I just need to decide on what ATX board I am going to use for the S21T case.
hypedave Wrote:Thanks Guys! Seems AMD is the route to go. Now I just need to decide on what ATX board I am going to use for the S21T case.
This AsRock mobo "ASRock A75 EXTREME6 FM1" should work then. You'll have the option to use IR/MCE remote to turn off/on from cold start too. Smile

If you preferred internal wireless card, this "Cisco-Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter with Dual-Band (WMP600N)" should be serve you well! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITX and ATX motherboard recomendation0