• 16(current)
XBMC's Piracy Stance: Draft
(2013-06-26, 03:00)Abrasher Wrote: Yes... You don't pay any money for XBMC or its addons. As I said though, perspective is everything. I obviously won't change any minds Wink

It's pretty hard to change minds when one acts so obviously dishonest.
Thanks for pointing out the rampant absurdity, schumi. We're simply stretched too thin to deal with it all. With that said, I decided to throw up a warning in the Google+ community.

Quote:If you use the following addons to get "free" content, you are pirating media:

Iceflims
1Channel
Navi-X

We highly recommend avoiding the use of those addons or talking about them in this community. If you continue to use them, the copyright owners may sue you and may win. This is the only warning we can give.

Furthermore, XBMCHub, the provider of these addons that may result in your getting sued, has nothing to do with XBMC or the XBMC community. If they get you sued for $100,000 per piece of pirated content, remember who to be angry at.

I'm sure it will have zero effect, but it at least made me feel a bit better.
That's a bit ridiculous... Considering you housed all of these creations, their development, and support.... from their conception, to their completion, and finally their release. But hey, as long as you feel better...

Wink
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Indeed (with the possible exception of 1Channel, which I think sprang up afterwards). And then we kicked them out... well over a year ago. And in the past 18 months we've said, over and over again, that they are dangerous and probably illegal addons that people simply should not use. If people haven't gotten the message after 18 months, then maybe it's because somebody else is sending the exact opposite message.
......... .......... ...........

Just removed a thought. Wink
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
I am going to say this and be bloody honest most people me included are only interested in the pirated content so all my apps apart from ice films and the highways repo now all come from the dev foundation it was all a smoke screen about the add all that will happen is that people will move to the other sites and stop using the hub and if the providers are based in china etc you can just forget it there will be far more people searching for the pirate content than official ,why do you think all the most poplar and best sites have buggered off .
And that is it channel 1,and ice films will jump ship and go with mash up and the rest so all that will happen is the hub will be left with all the stuff you can get anywhere so there be no point in having it also i am bloody pissed off with the American fact or what ever they call them selfs trying to police the globe , i am more than happy to say i watch ,pirate content and dont have a problem with it so a big 2 fingers to xbmc hub ,i just will not use you and to all the people that say stop the pirates bet you miss mash up and the rest and you can bet you ass 1 channel and ice films will follow so you have solved nothing
Punctuation is not a crime. Stop the insanity!
(2013-10-03, 18:51)alderton47 Wrote: I am going to say this and be bloody honest most people me included are only interested in the pirated content so all my apps apart from ice films and the highways repo now all come from the dev foundation it was all a smoke screen about the add all that will happen is that people will move to the other sites and stop using the hub and if the providers are based in china etc you can just forget it there will be far more people searching for the pirate content than official ,why do you think all the most poplar and best sites have buggered off .
And that is it channel 1,and ice films will jump ship and go with mash up and the rest so all that will happen is the hub will be left with all the stuff you can get anywhere so there be no point in having it also i am bloody pissed off with the American fact or what ever they call them selfs trying to police the globe , i am more than happy to say i watch ,pirate content and dont have a problem with it so a big 2 fingers to xbmc hub ,i just will not use you and to all the people that say stop the pirates bet you miss mash up and the rest and you can bet you ass 1 channel and ice films will follow so you have solved nothing

Uh..., what? If it isn't perfectly clear, XBMC has absolutely nothing to do with the hub or with any of those addons. If they vanish or have otherwise "buggered off" that would frankly make our dev work easier, as we wouldn't get constant questions from the uneducated about things that we don't maintain, don't condone, and generally have nothing to do with.
@alderton47,

Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree!
I guess he missed the sticky at the top too.
But, pirates.

Not to be confused with butt pirates, not that I have a problem with that life-style if that is your choice.

Anyway, yea, best to stay on the right side of Interpol.

(2013-06-30, 13:00)Abrasher Wrote: ......... .......... ...........

Just removed a thought. Wink

Good, it was probably dumb anyway.
@Budwyzer, you just made my day
(2013-10-03, 18:51)alderton47 Wrote: I am going to say this and be bloody honest most people me included are only interested in the pirated content so all my apps apart from ice films and the highways repo now all come from the dev foundation it was all a smoke screen about the add all that will happen is that people will move to the other sites and stop using the hub and if the providers are based in china etc you can just forget it there will be far more people searching for the pirate content than official ,why do you think all the most poplar and best sites have buggered off .

Reading that was like listening to this:

Looks/Sounds like English but didn't understand a godamn word of it! Big Grin
(2013-10-03, 19:10)artrafael Wrote: @alderton47,

Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree!
'barking mad' I think you mean.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2011-12-31, 18:43)Death-Axe Wrote: So to get this right: are you going to try and stop users from installing addons that access "illegal" content? like code XBMC in apple style by having only approved "apps"? Or am I reading the rules wrong?

Seriously though guys, whether you want to deny it or not: without piracy no one would be using XBMC in the first place. Reality says hi.

I own, and ripped myself, every DVD in my library. I have young kids and have lost too many discs to scratches. Now the disc is out of the case once for me to rip it, and then goes into a locked library while the movie and extras are available via XBMC. I guess that makes me "no one" as I've paid for every movie rather than pirated it.

Amusingly enough, my kids watch the previews in the extras to pick out which movies they want purchased next and are very irritated when the 'copy protection' prevents be from ripping the extras... Also ironic that it is because of the copy protection that they can't see the new movie advertisements...

--- Rakasa
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC's Piracy Stance: Draft2