Using ATV2's native airplay with XBMC
Hello everyone,

I really love airplay, and that XBMC has it implemented. However, it's still very buggy and does not allow all it's features (mirroring). Don't get me wrong - I know it's not your fault as the protocol is not public and your hard work here is much appreciated.
But anyway, please understand that it's currently half as fun as it could be.

So - my idea is to use the XBMC for XBMC and get airplay from the Apple TV2 native airplay functionality. I tried to deactivate the airplay in XBMC and active it on ATV2. This does kind of work - XBMC will crash (takes approx. 20 secs) and the airplay will load. However, when leaving the airplay you're pushed back into the ATV2 home menu.

I usually use the XBMC auto boot feature to get me directly in XBMC which is important as XBMC does crash occasionally and I like to access my music library without having to turn on my TV and start XBMC.

However, the native airplay won't run with the auto booter on. XBMC will crash and restart instantly.

Does anyone of you has an approach for this? Maybe it's possible that this behavior (leaving XBMC - Airplay - starting XBMC) could be somehow implemented?

Thanks for you time!
not possible - i grant you 1 sane bugreport about airplay here in that thread (not mirroring - i mean a bug with what is currently there). Don't miss your chance and do a proper report Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hey Memphiz, thanks for that offer. It happened to me several times that I had people over and XBMC crashed when we watched videos from each other's iPhones. However, I now tried to reproduce the crash and did not succees. Rock solid, even with different devices.

I will try again soon, maybe I can find something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using ATV2's native airplay with XBMC0