Flickering visuals - dirty region
Does anyone else have this issue - flickering display and seeing the last visual image rapidly alternating with the current menu?

I assume its something to do with advanced settings.xml - mine is the standard for speed boosting below. Is this a necessary evil to get the speed increase when navigating menus on ATV2?

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>500</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>
tjosborn Wrote:Does anyone else have this issue - flickering display and seeing the last visual image rapidly alternating with the current menu?

I assume its something to do with advanced settings.xml - mine is the standard for speed boosting below. Is this a necessary evil to get the speed increase when navigating menus on ATV2?

<advancedsettings>
<gui>
<visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>
</advancedsettings>

as has been pointed out before in various thread (use search) don't use this setting, dirty region is only safe with <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>

and remove
Great thanks. Did search but obviously not very well - hopefully this can help someone else too.
Well, it won't hurt if you don't mind the occasional spazzing GUI, but yeah, seems iOS is having issues using normal DR settings. Setting 3 does give some benefit, though, so not all is lost.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flickering visuals - dirty region0