[MOD] reFOCUS retro
New version uploaded. Go to first post for download.
Best things in LIFE are FREE... not really.

XBMC ● Eden 11.0 Final ● retroFocus ● Windows7 x86
WIP ● Visit my site: retroFocus [reFOCUS mod]
Very nice job, but how do i installed it on windows 7?

Thanks
cooldfuzion Wrote:Very nice job, but how do i installed it on windows 7?

Thanks

just extract in x:/username/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.focus.retro/
username=your username
appdata= make sure that hidden folders or files are shown
note: if u don't "skin.focus.retro" folder make a new one

limeblue Wrote:just extract in x:/username/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/skin.focus.retro/
username=your username
appdata= make sure that hidden folders or files are shown
note: if u don't "skin.focus.retro" folder make a new one

Thanks mate Wink nice work
This is a very nice mod limeblue. Smile

I can see on the screenshots that you managed to keep using the refocus fonts while displaying unicode characters, like Japanese. I think that's very good for me since most of my media is Japanese one.

How did you achieve this? Is it that you are only using the unicode font(s) to display list items and descriptions?

I might certainly use your fonts implementation since I think that by the looks it works better than the unicode refocus is currently using.
installed this manually and now it's totally fucked up my xbmc its loaded, but can't see anything! I can play files from my remote app and can hear it's working but can't navigate the menus because i can't see anything NOT IMPRESSED!!!
kyotocafe Wrote:This is a very nice mod limeblue. Smile

I can see on the screenshots that you managed to keep using the refocus fonts while displaying unicode characters, like Japanese. I think that's very good for me since most of my media is Japanese one.

How did you achieve this? Is it that you are only using the unicode font(s) to display list items and descriptions?

I might certainly use your fonts implementation since I think that by the looks it works better than the unicode refocus is currently using.

you're right i used a unicode fonts to display list items and descriptions and used my own font xml. if you want i'll upload it for you to download.

g1za Wrote:installed this manually and now it's totally fucked up my xbmc its loaded, but can't see anything! I can play files from my remote app and can hear it's working but can't navigate the menus because i can't see anything NOT IMPRESSED!!!

i don't know what happen in your installation... but mine's working properly and used it for almost four months now with no problem.

limeblue Wrote:you're right i used a unicode fonts to display list items and descriptions and used my own font xml. if you want i'll upload it for you to download.

yes please Smile I would love to.
kyotocafe Wrote:yes please Smile I would love to.

here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?heff9ll6ac768aa

limeblue Wrote:here it is...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?heff9ll6ac768aa

Thanks a lot!. These fonts and the XML are working great.

I am really liking your mod. Even the colors are very nice as well. I am using the Original Blue Background color, with the Enable Vignette Overlay option enabled, which I find to be the most pleasant combination to my eyes.

Now, I just would like there would be an option to disable or darken the white overlay on the home screen, I finding it too white, and it makes the menu to be a little difficult to see.
For instance:

I think that it is a little bit difficult to distinguish the menu on the left.
If the screen gets darker, like when checking for new content of the library, it gets easier to read, like this:

Could it be an option to display the home screen like this by default?

Aside from this, I also noticed that in the youtube or other video addons, it is displaying both the poster and the thumbnail, like this:

I checked, and this is not happening on the main reFocus.

And last thing Smile

Could it be possible to have displayed on the home screen the currently watching shows/movies (watchlist items) instead of the recently added ones?

Thanks again !
kyotocafe Wrote:Thanks a lot!. These fonts and the XML are working great.

I am really liking your mod. Even the colors are very nice as well. I am using the Original Blue Background color, with the Enable Vignette Overlay option enabled, which I find to be the most pleasant combination to my eyes.

Now, I just would like there would be an option to disable or darken the white overlay on the home screen, I finding it too white, and it makes the menu to be a little difficult to see.

I think that it is a little bit difficult to distinguish the menu on the left.
If the screen gets darker, like when checking for new content of the library, it gets easier to read, like this:

Could it be an option to display the home screen like this by default?

Aside from this, I also noticed that in the youtube or other video addons, it is displaying both the poster and the thumbnail.
I checked, and this is not happening on the main reFocus.

And last thing Smile

Could it be possible to have displayed on the home screen the currently watching shows/movies (watchlist items) instead of the recently added ones?

Thanks again !

no worries i'm in the middle of developing a new version of my mod including all that you mentioned as for the youtube addon i'll check on that as soon as i get off from work.

limeblue Wrote:no worries i'm in the middle of developing a new version of my mod including all that you mentioned as for the youtube addon i'll check on that as soon as i get off from work.

Thanks a lot. It's nice to know that you are already working on a new version Smile
kyotocafe Wrote:Thanks a lot. It's nice to know that you are already working on a new version Smile

Your welcome... in the meantime i want you to have this files for temporary use on menu background color options just read the instruction where to place the files...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ysvd0e9y46j40lu

limeblue Wrote:Your welcome... in the meantime i want you to have this files for temporary use on menu background color options just read the instruction where to place the files...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ysvd0e9y46j40lu

Great. Thanks!

I'll try them today Smile
Does you mod support PVR?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFOCUS retro1