Strange Problem with learning MCE remote commands on my universal remote.
Hi all. So I built the new HTPC and it works great. I bought the MediaGate MCE compatible remote and IR receiver. All the buttons are mapped to work with XBMC perfectly. I am using 10.1 on a Win 7 machine.

I am mapping all the buttons on the MediaGate to a Theater Master MX-500 remote which all my other components run off.

Mapping works fine, however each of the navigation buttons on the MX-500 remote only work one click within XBMC. For example, if I am on the main menu and want to downclick to move from Movies to Music to Pictures, I am only able to move down 1 space and then subsequent clicks do nothing. If I then click up, it again only works for one click. If I am deep into the pages of say Videos, I can only do 1 previous page click and then I am stuck again.

Of course the MediaGate remote still works just fine. I also have a wireless keyboard hooked up which works fine within XBMC.

Any thoughts? This is truly annoying...

Thanks all.
so your Theater Master MX-500 universal remote
is working with which IR receiver?
link plz
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-MX-500-1...B000065UDU

So I am only using the MediaGate IR receiver that comes in the box.
ok this is weird to me then,,,
i have an HARMONY 650 remote and
when i use it to emulate a MCE REMOTE
and use it with an MCE IR Receiver,
i have zero issues...
i wonder whats going on for you,,
what device did u enter in your universal remote?
or, when using XBMC, which remote are you emulating?
I did not have it emulate any remote with codes. I had it learn every IR code from the MCE remote.

So when using XBMC it is set to emulate the MediaGate remote.

Weird and frustrating.

Since you use the Harmony 650, maybe you can answer a question for me. The reason I love my remote is that it has 8 soft buttons that can be editted to do anything you want. I love and need this feature as I have all 8 of those soft buttons assigned to some control that do not exist in the hard buttons.

It appears that the 650 only has 4 soft buttons. Is this correct? Do you find that you are ever lacking buttons to do everything you need a remote to do?

Thanks.
i so not miss any buttons... there's even too much Tongue

yes here's 4 soft buttons like u call them but,

u can cycle from screens to screens making this almost unlimited screen buttons mapping...
Well I finally figured out the problem. Go to Windows Registry and search for "debounce". Change any values there from 1 to 0. That totally did the trick. Amazing something so simple could fix this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Problem with learning MCE remote commands on my universal remote.0