mov videos from Canon Camera too slow
Hi,

I think it is a easy setting but I do not find it ...

I was trying to show my .mov videos from my Canon EOS 60D where a H.264 codec is used via my XBMC.
But the video is too slow and it is ansynchron to the audio. The windows media player instead shows the video correct therefore it might be a wrong setting or problem within XBMC.
I have Win7 64bit and XBMC 10.1

And of course I copied the movies to the local harddrive.

Can anybody help? THANKS a LOT!
Hi,

I just purchased a 60D and both 1920x1080 @ 24 & 30 fps sample videos I just took work well on my setup. Details on what I am running are in my signature...more details on exact setup can be found here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=803...tcount=124
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
I have similar problems with video from my Canon HD video camera. I think my problem is related to my Canon video camera shooting video in 1080i at 60fps (AVCHD format).

Is your video 1080i/60fps as well?

The combination of 1080 interlaced and 60 frames per second is a nasty combination. Windows media player, however, plays it smoothly while other players struggle.

XBMC Eden Beta seems to be playing the video smoothly for me now (because Eden allows me to enable DXVA and deinterlace at the same time). But when I try to advance/rewind the video, it returns to the choppy playback that you just described.

I've found no solution other than using Windows Media Player as an external player, which drives me nuts.

Sorry for the long post if our problems are unrelated Smile
RE: 1080i @ 60 fps.

I also have a Canon HV20 that records at that frame rate as MPEG2.

Best solution is to transcode and deinterlace the videos using Handbrake. https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/DeinterlacingGuide

It'll greatly reduce the filesize + remove the need for any PC to do the deinterlacing for you.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mov videos from Canon Camera too slow0