• 27(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
Maybe you should consider this project http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200877 it supports a lot more websites.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2014-07-30, 05:08)dmaher803 Wrote: I see that people have gotten this to work in Gotham, but mine stopped working after the upgrade and it won't even let me download the add-in anymore. It says "Incompatible" when I go to install it from the repository and if I click on it it says "Dependencies not met". The only problem is I checked the xml file and all the dependencies are definitely met. Has anyone ran into any issues like this before? I've tried deleting the addon files in the userdata folder, but that didn't seem to help. Any help would be had.

Same here, XBMC 13.2 Gotham - tried AJ and SuperRepo
Everything was working great but started getting a message saying a new version of an add on was installed and that I needed to restart xbmc.

Checked the logs which showed the same as ALiENZZ ie:- Error Contents: name 'TurtleService' is not defined.

Restarting has no effect. Just keeps bringing up the same message.

A manual update fails 'Dependencies not met'. Installed your repo which shows 0.6.2 of playit which is listed as broken so it won't let me install it.

Could you just release a zip of the plugin so we can hack it to work on our systems.

Running 13.0
(2014-08-21, 23:56)The_Cageybee Wrote: Could you just release a zip of the plugin so we can hack it to work on our systems.

http://mirrors.superrepo.org/addons/frod...e.playitx/

you can also find all dependencies on superrepo
Any updates on this?
are there any step by step instructions howto install this on raspbmc? I'm raher new to the xbmc/kodi. Searched for playit plugin in the settings and failed. You write in step one "Install aj add-ons XBMC repository' . How do I do that?
managed to get it running, Youtube works, but sadly Vimeo does not? Is it possible to make Vimeo running?
(2014-09-13, 14:35)PJ_rasp Wrote: managed to get it running, Youtube works, but sadly Vimeo does not? Is it possible to make Vimeo running?

Yes, same problem here, vimeo its not working. Raspberry PI/OpenELEC. Safari web browser, Mavericks 10.9.5.
I updated to 13.2 to try to resolve the restart error. I no longer see that but I am getting a dependencies not met error when trying to install PlayIt 0.6.2 again.

No idea what to do.
has anyone gotten this to work on kodi 14? (140930)
firefox addon (1.1.1) says "url not supported" and kodi addon (0.6.2) notification just says "processing recieved request" but nothing happens.
have tried different youtube videos so the url should not be the problem, even tried the url on the projects homepage. Smile
turned on debug logging but there's nothing in the log file.
is this addon logging to someplace else?
wish i could be more of help.
Hey there, i am running this addon on OpenELEC with Firefox. My problem is, that after i press "PlayIt on XBMC" the first video takes about 30 seconds after "anything" happens. After the first video every queued video runs as fast as it should. But it takes a lot of time for the first video...always. Anyone else here with that problem or know a solution?
I'm not sure I have tried this on Gotham but I used the heck out of it on Frodo. I just reinstalled on Gotham 13.2. Trying to send YouTube from Chrome on my Win7 laptop. Just doesn't do anything anymore unfortunately. Any suggestions, AJ? Anything I can do to help??
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Always with an old xbmc 12 version (12.2) and, I think after some "automatic update" the addon is not working anymore. TurtleService not found, it seems script.module.turtlex disappear.I've tried to install it again manually but I think some dependencies fail.

Really disapointed, this is perhaps the module I'm using the more often! (browsing some media with my pc and playing it to xbmc)
its... WORKING! Big Grin
thank you thank you thank you!
this is truly an amazing service/plugin.

running kodi 14 (20141020) and playit 0.6.2,
browser plugin version: 1.1.1

hm, i don't know why it suddenly started working but i dont really care.
(2014-10-28, 02:00)snelkat Wrote: its... WORKING! Big Grin
thank you thank you thank you!
this is truly an amazing service/plugin.

running kodi 14 (20141020) and playit 0.6.2,
browser plugin version: 1.1.1

hm, i don't know why it suddenly started working but i dont really care.

hm, strange. I think the addon isnt updated anymore.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11