• 28(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
If I had one wish to make, I would wish for this add-on to be revived. Ajay my friend, wherever you are, be safe.
yes this was an amazing service!!!
*agreed* Have to use "Play to XBMC" to have the ability to queue the file to the xbmc.
Is it not working with latest versions of Chrome? It stopped few months ago, I tried to reinstall many time but no go. Working fine on firefox on same system.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
(2014-11-25, 19:55)ykhehra1 Wrote: Is it not working with latest versions of Chrome? It stopped few months ago, I tried to reinstall many time but no go. Working fine on firefox on same system.

I don't think it is supported anymore on chrome. I am even not sure that it is developed anymore. I use "Play to XMBC/Kodi" now, PlayIt was better I think but "Play to" works also.
As far as I could see there's a problem in turtlex so that playIt service cannot start.
In the file "GoogleAnalytics.py" there is hard coded reference to "xbmc.log"
Just touch xbmc.log in the temporary directory where the kodi.log file sits (something like ~/.kodi/tmp/) or change the according lines in GoogleAnalytics.py and rename the file GoogleAnalytics.pyo.

muneco
I posted about this earlier, now it seems my post is gone? But on my hackitosh, I made a symlink to the new kodi.log and it works fine for me now.

(My home folders name is Tom)

ln -s /Users/Tom/Library/Logs/kodi.log /Users/Tom/Library/Logs/XBMC.log

may be able to do something similar on Linux and Windows, not for sure. I kept getting a startup error about credentials. Also, I use Firefox too instead of Chrome.

(2014-12-29, 01:19)muneco Wrote: As far as I could see there's a problem in turtlex so that playIt service cannot start.
In the file "GoogleAnalytics.py" there is hard coded reference to "xbmc.log"
Just touch xbmc.log in the temporary directory where the kodi.log file sits (something like ~/.kodi/tmp/) or change the according lines in GoogleAnalytics.py and rename the file GoogleAnalytics.pyo.

muneco

Thanks for sharing that. I will go mess with the GoogleAnalytics.py now. The bad part about my post above is that I ran MacCleanse ( a temp file/log cleaner app) and it deleted my symlink lol. So I had to run the command again. Your solution seems better maybe...

ETA: So I edited the GoogleAnalytics.py and changed the few appearances of xbmc.log to kodi.log, saved the file and it works. Although I didn't have to rename it to GoogleAnalytics.pyo. I deleted the original GoogleAnalytics.pyo. and it rebuilt it when I started Kodi. I used textmate to edit the .py file and it did the trick. Thanks again! Cool
(2014-12-29, 04:11)TomFreeloader Wrote: ln -s /Users/Tom/Library/Logs/kodi.log /Users/Tom/Library/Logs/XBMC.log

you used capital letters. Maybe
Code:
ln -s /Users/Tom/Library/Logs/kodi.log /Users/Tom/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
will work.

(2014-12-29, 04:11)TomFreeloader Wrote: ETA: So I edited the GoogleAnalytics.py and changed the few appearances of xbmc.log to kodi.log, saved the file and it works. Although I didn't have to rename it to GoogleAnalytics.pyo. I deleted the original GoogleAnalytics.pyo. and it rebuilt it when I started Kodi. I used textmate to edit the .py file and it did the trick. Thanks again! Cool

youre right. you can simply delete GoogleAnalytics.pyo and it will be rebuilt. Didnt know that, tnx
Got PlayIt working on RPi Openelec Kodi 5.0.0. Just editing .py file and changing xmbc.log entries -> kodi.log and deleting .pyo.
Firefox and Chrome plugins are both working for youtube videos.

But my problem is Zappy's Glasses. It's been great software to stream random clips from desktop pc downloads folder. Couldn't get Zappy to work with Kodi. Anyone tried or succesfully using Zappy?
(2015-01-04, 23:30)LiM3 Wrote: Got PlayIt working on RPi Openelec Kodi 5.0.0. Just editing .py file and changing xmbc.log entries -> kodi.log and deleting .pyo.
Firefox and Chrome plugins are both working for youtube videos.

But my problem is Zappy's Glasses. It's been great software to stream random clips from desktop pc downloads folder. Couldn't get Zappy to work with Kodi. Anyone tried or succesfully using Zappy?

I found an alternative to the Zappy's Glasses, and this one has an added feature of also streaming torrents too.
I haven't tried it on all my machines yet but it's working well in Linux tonight. Not for sure on all the formats yet either but it did MP4 video and mp3 audio just fine. Check it out https://torrentv.github.io/
Is there a similar addon that supports sending sopcast, acestreams to xbmc?
Hello, Wow, awesome Add-on!
Of course I have a video url request to add:
http://new.livestream.com/xcountrylive/
Please note, despite the name of livestream, these are rarely live but rather usually archived.

Tnx again!
hi.
i've been using this addon for ages on firefox, now i'm migrating to chrome(firefox became really slow and buggy). i tried to install and configure it but it just doesnt work.
when i click the button nothing happens, not even an error message. is there some kind of error log or something?
Installed the add on in Kodi 14.1 (running on Raspberry Pi 2) and Firefox 38.0.1.
After configuring the IP adress in the Firefox-addon i got always a error like "request timeout" or something.
So I edited the GoogleAnalytics.py file and even the GoogleAnalytics.pyo file (what is not even necessary i think) just by looking for all 'xbmc' entries and replacing them with 'kodi'.

I've tried to send youtube links and soundclound links then in Firefox and Kodi a message appears which says something like "processing request". But then Firefox says something like "Playback failed: URL is currently not supported by PlayIt."

Someone has the same error? Someone who fixed it? Or is here no one active anymore?
Can someone please direct me to which .py file to edit and where I can find it please? Thank you! Big Grin
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11