• 29(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
Hi,

i wrote a bookmarklet generator service for this awesome addon, to extend the user experience by making it accessible on mostly all browsers (also ios safari and windows phone internet explorer).
I am using bookmarklets to achieve the functionality.
Check out the service on PlayIt bookmarklet service and let me know if it works for you and of course, how to improve the overall usability. Wink
Hi Ajay

Thank you for fixing this addon its been a long time, I understand you maybe busy.

Please could you add support for uptobox.com, vk.com and more resolvers to playit.
Lambda has a list of alot of resolvers which he uses in his addons https://github.com/lambda81/lambda-addon...resolvers/ which would be really good.

Also please could you fix the firefox toolbarbutton as I cannot not move it to the bottom of my browser and I am still using thing the old version 1.0.1.1 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...t-on-xbmc/

Many thanks for your hard work

Sanjay
(2015-07-22, 13:52)coolstud Wrote: Hi Ajay

Thank you for fixing this addon its been a long time, I understand you maybe busy.

Please could you add support for uptobox.com, vk.com and more resolvers to playit.
Lambda has a list of alot of resolvers which he uses in his addons https://github.com/lambda81/lambda-addon...resolvers/ which would be really good.

Also please could you fix the firefox toolbarbutton as I cannot not move it to the bottom of my browser and I am still using thing the old version 1.0.1.1 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...t-on-xbmc/

Many thanks for your hard work

Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

I will make the suggested changes... Gimme sometime.

Cheers
Thumbs Up 
(2015-07-19, 18:00)readas Wrote: Hi,

i wrote a bookmarklet generator service for this awesome addon, to extend the user experience by making it accessible on mostly all browsers (also ios safari and windows phone internet explorer).
Check out the service on PlayIt bookmarklet service and let me know if it works for you and of course, how to improve the overall usability. Wink

Well Done.!!!
Thanks ajay!!

Can you link to my service on your first post? That would be awesome...

And if you need any help improving your addon, you can count me in Smile
But my python skills are not that good, but I learn very quick Wink

Edit:
Thanks ajay, you're the best.
Hi,

I cant get the Firefox Extension to run in Firefox40.0.2. The PlayIt Button+Context Menu will simply not apear...
Everything worked in 39.
(2015-08-20, 03:10)RoastBeef Wrote: Hi,

I cant get the Firefox Extension to run in Firefox40.0.2. The PlayIt Button+Context Menu will simply not apear...
Everything worked in 39.

That's my problem too. Everything was working fine, until Firefox 40 (64 bit Linux here). The icons nor men will either one appear but the addon shows as it's installed. The bookmarklet seems to work.
(2015-07-19, 18:00)readas Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for making the bookmarklet. I like it! Cool
Thanks @TomFreeloader, but the bookmarklet service is just a convenient way to push the urls to the playit service, where the actual magic happens Wink so it wouldn't be a bookmarklet service without the amazing work from ajay.
So thanks again ajay and keep up the good work!
I was surprised when I first found the original PlayIt addon, years ago by AJ, and again with the bookmartket from you, readas. It's still working fine here with no probs. I also like that it will "stack" or add videos to the que, consecutively because that's the same way I had it set up with the original ff addon.
I may screw around tonight and make another old method bookmarklet just for fun like in the video.

So today, Fedora updated to Firefox 40.0.3. So I thought I'd try to enable the PlayIt addon and try to see if I could see the icons again but no dice Sad
However, I did install the Android app on my tablet a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Y̶a̶t̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ I've been using an app called Air Buddy from the playstore to shoot youtube videos to Kodi.

ETA: Ok I guess I lied about the Android app. At first it didn't show up in the share with menu in the youtube app but after a reboot, it works! Thank you for all your effort on it, AJ. What's really cool is that you made it a free app because that Air Buddy app is a pay one. Nice.
So I had a sec and thought I'd play with the bookmarklet and addons again this evening, and I somehow got the old Send to XBMC addon working but I like PlayIt better since I can que the videos. With the Send to XBMC one it stops the video and plays the new one.

I got to looking to see what other apps, addons, scripts, etc were out there for other OSes and browsers and was looking on the github and I found this which I got working now too https://github.com/VioletRed/script.anyurl.player . It's a greasemonkey script but also has a KODI program addon zip to install. Seems to work. The author says in the readme that he does other sites besides just youtube but I haven't tried any others yet. Anyway this may prove useful to someone. I wanted to share it with users who can't seem to get any other apps working and also with the devs that read this thread in case they can learn anything new or maybe help out with their addons possibly.
Actually you can configure the PlayIt Service to add new request to the playlist (check out the settings).
my continuous play does not work... is this normal?
i looked into the booklet buttons and wrote a tiny python script which can be used to send kodi liks via command line interface :

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import json
import sys
import argparse
import requests

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument("-u","--url",help="video url")
parser.add_argument("--host",default="raspberry",help="host default is raspberry")
parser.add_argument("-p","--port",default="8181",help="port default is 8181")

args = parser.parse_args()
data =             {    "version":"1.1",
                    "method": "playHostedVideo",
                    "id"    : '1',
                    "params": {"videoLink" : args.url}
            }
jsonData = json.dumps(data)
hostNport ="http://"+args.host+":"+args.port+"/PlayIt"
print "Sending: "+ args.url+"to\n"+hostNport
r = requests.post(hostNport, data= jsonData)
print r.content

##update

"method": "playHostedVideo", <- is it possible to enque files via ajax something like "method": enqueHostedVideo -> push to playlist
Hi everebody , this is an awesome utility.
I´ve a problem in the latest versions of firefox and crhome.
Someone could confirm me that the app is working on latest firefox or chrome?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11