• 3(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
john.doe Wrote:I've been looking for such a 'push' service for a long time. Works great, though I've been playing with it only for a short time. I do have a couple of suggestions though:
- The (firefox) extension is active on all domains, meaning I am able to 'fling' any URL, say http://www.google.com, to the ATV2, where it quietly dies without any error. You might want to send to the service only domains you can support (parse & play)
- Can PlayIt be added to the context menu for URLs, so I don't have to go the actualy video page, but just right-click on the URL and 'fling' it?

Thanks, all your good work is appreciated.

I have all of your suggestions in my list. I have desktop notifications enabled in firefox extension [notifies when request is sent, failed or succeed]. In order to enable it you will need desktop notifications app such as Growl for Mac.
Thanks for a revolutionary plugin!!!!!Laugh
Would it be possible to get a dropdown menu with multiple preconfigured XBMC IP/port when you click on the Icon? I have 4 xbmc (one in the living room, 2 on computer and one in the bedroom) and would love to be able to just click on the right one I want to stream the video to.
N/M
Is it possible to add John Stewart from the Daily ShowHuh?
I am very interested in your addon to the extent that i would really like to make an VB6 app that i could send a locally stored video to XBMC

Have you got any sorce code that i could see as to how you do it with web browser.

thanks
Hi there,

really nice Addon.

Just found one minor bug, which can hopefully be fixed.
If the YT Url contains http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded
which happens to me quite often, playit tells me that this url ist not supported.

THX
Chaos
Chaos_666 Wrote:Hi there,

really nice Addon.

Just found one minor bug, which can hopefully be fixed.
If the YT Url contains http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded
which happens to me quite often, playit tells me that this url ist not supported.

THX
Chaos

Answer to your question is within the URL, can your URL take you to the video you were watching? Give it a try, open the URL. Your URL should point to video unique, it means it should contain a unique ID.
k_zeon Wrote:I am very interested in your addon to the extent that i would really like to make an VB6 app that i could send a locally stored video to XBMC

Have you got any sorce code that i could see as to how you do it with web browser.

thanks

Locally stored video streaming, means you will run a server to stream your local video either using HTTP, RTMP, FTP or any other protocol.
Hi there,

think i explained it to complicated:
ajay Wrote:Answer to your question is within the URL, can your URL take you to the video you were watching? Give it a try, open the URL. Your URL should point to video unique, it means it should contain a unique ID.
Maybe this Link i.e.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...RFNUr1XAZ4
refuses to play and if i delete the "feature=player_embedded&" part it works.

Hopefully you understand what i mean, now.

THX
Chaos
AJ, Is this add-on also closed ? I don't see the files in your repo ?
As soon as the playit service starts, XMBC crashes. is there a way to disable it from the backend since XMBC crashes even before I have a chance to disable it
bikubay Wrote:As soon as the playit service starts, XBMC crashes. is there a way to disable it from the backend since XBMC crashes even before I have a chance to disable it

It might not be the exact reason, can you share logs.

You can delete service.playit folder from XBMC addons.
Can you please tell me where the folder is? I am not able to find it. Full path please?
I did try delete it and it still crashed, so AJ is probably right that the crash had nothing to do with this plugin. I dont have the logs right now, but will get it later. I was able to solve the issues by upgrading to EDEN beta 2
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11