Missing Movie Scanner

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
doovers Offline
Any way to exclude folders from the scan? I want to exclude video extras folders if possible.
find quote
Razze Offline
Fan
(2015-04-13 02:21)doovers Wrote:  Any way to exclude folders from the scan? I want to exclude video extras folders if possible.

Just add it to the blacklist in the settings
find quote
doovers Offline
(2015-04-13 10:03)Razze Wrote:  Just add it to the blacklist in the settings
I've tried adding the folder name but it didn't work. Short of renaming all the extra files I can't figure it out but maybe I'm missing something? Can you elaborate on how to do that please?
find quote
Razze Offline
Fan
(2015-04-13 10:05)doovers Wrote:  
(2015-04-13 10:03)Razze Wrote:  Just add it to the blacklist in the settings
I've tried adding the folder name but it didn't work. Short of renaming all the extra files I can't figure it out but maybe I'm missing something? Can you elaborate on how to do that please?

Well can't really have a look right now. I think a screenshot of your config window might help.
It might as well be a bug in the addon.
find quote
doovers Offline
Here's a screenshot of the MMS settings. Not sure if there's any special chars required to indicate that VideoExtras is a folder name though.
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-14 14:50 by doovers.)
find quote
Razze Offline
Fan
(2015-04-14 14:49)doovers Wrote:  Here's a screenshot of the MMS settings. Not sure if there's any special chars required to indicate that VideoExtras is a folder name though.

Well just had a look at the source code and the blacklist is only checking against filenames, not the directory names.

I can have a look later, but I don't know if this is maintained anymore and that might prevent us from pushing the changes to the official repo.
find quote
PatK Offline
Donor
Yes exclusion of the VideoExtras folder would be a big help.
find quote
doovers Offline
(2015-04-14 15:07)Razze Wrote:  Well just had a look at the source code and the blacklist is only checking against filenames, not the directory names.
Actually I just did some more testing and it turns out it does in fact work. Turns out there was a typo in the videoextras folder name I was testing! Feeling a bit stupid that I missed that!!
For info the filename param in the code is actually the full file path not just the name.
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-15 00:30 by doovers.)
find quote
Razze Offline
Fan
(2015-04-14 23:38)doovers Wrote:  
(2015-04-14 15:07)Razze Wrote:  Well just had a look at the source code and the blacklist is only checking against filenames, not the directory names.
Actually I just did some more testing and it turns out it does in fact work. Turns out there was a typo in the videoextras folder name I was testing! Feeling a bit stupid that I missed that!!
For info the filename param in the code is actually the full file path not just the name.

Well, badly named variables ruined my day. Again.
find quote
doovers Offline
(2015-04-15 02:14)Razze Wrote:  Well, badly named variables ruined my day. Again.
I know the feeling!!
find quote
BubbaLovesTv Offline
Hi doovers,

I was having the same problem as you. Can you give some more detail on how you got the Folder exclusion to work?

My portable drive it set up like this:

E:\MUSIC
E:\VIDEOS
E:\VIDEOS\MOVIES
E:\VIDEOS\TV
E:\VIDEOS\Unsorted Extras

Obviously I would like to exclude MUSIC and VIDEOS\Unsorted Extras

How would you include that in the blacklist?

I tried sample.,-trailer.,MUSIC,Unsorted Extras but no go.....

Any suggestion?
Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 2015-05-31 07:28 by BubbaLovesTv.)
find quote
nickr Online
Donor
Well for a start you only add sources for the directories you want in your library, so the directories you ask about won't be scraped by mms anyway.

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thank user' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "Thank you" button.)
find quote
doovers Offline
(2015-05-31 07:27)BubbaLovesTv Wrote:  I tried sample.,-trailer.,MUSIC,Unsorted Extras but no go.....
Hmm thats essentially the same as I have it so it should work... Have you tried looking at the debug logs?
find quote
method115 Offline
Just wanted to say this addon is amazing. I have 20TB worth of data so I'm constantly missing things that didn't get scrapped when I moved them over. I download so many random movies that I might want to watch one day and I forget I even downloaded them.
find quote
panoramic Offline
JSON-RPC method Files.GetSources doesn't work on my rpi2 osmc with/without mms plugin.
Anyone facing the same despite there's hundreds of movies in the library?
find quote