• 7(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Hi,

Just started using this plugin to get a basic idea about what is being scraped and what is not. Turns out almost everything is being scraped Smile

I noticed that a lot of 'sample' files were recognized as being not-scraped, so i edited the plugin. I've added an option 'skip SAMPLE files' and I've added some logic to actually skip 'em. If anybody is interested, I can send or attach the script. I don't know if I can add it to the repo, but maybe null_pointer wants to add it to the original script.
(2013-02-04, 22:25)jaap Wrote: Hi,

Just started using this plugin to get a basic idea about what is being scraped and what is not. Turns out almost everything is being scraped Smile

I noticed that a lot of 'sample' files were recognized as being not-scraped, so i edited the plugin. I've added an option 'skip SAMPLE files' and I've added some logic to actually skip 'em. If anybody is interested, I can send or attach the script. I don't know if I can add it to the repo, but maybe null_pointer wants to add it to the original script.

Wow i was just looking for this feature...
Can u send me?
Wink 
great add-on. thanks for this feature

missing function (IMHO)
- TV-Show will try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1290294 now
- output to file or something
- ignore certain folder (if TV-showes are in one folder. or I need to organize my mess better Wink )

ignore sample is a good idea as well.
Cheers
[/quote]

I hope someone can update it, it's a function that should be built into XBMC.

[/quote]

I agree, this would be very useful if it was built-in to XBMC or as a "regular" Add-on that you can DL from within XBMC.

My wishlist for that functionality/add-on would then be:
- Check for both Movies and TV Shows
- Output to a file
- Send email with the file attached
Scratch that, link is working

-aPeg
Just wanted to say thanks for creating this add on. I have found few that work well out of the box and this one does. Quick and easy way to ID films that are not in your library but on your server/share.

Thanks!!!
(2013-02-20, 23:05)adame2 Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 22:25)jaap Wrote: Hi,

Wow i was just looking for this feature...
Can u send me?

Sure, here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8273213/xbmc/plu...eo.mms.zip

Download it, install it via addons->install from zip file. Let me know if it works!
(2011-12-31, 15:05)troelsdk Wrote: Would it be possible to add the feature that enables the user to press "i" on the missing movies and manually scrape them?

Now it looks like you have to write the titles down and go into video/files to scrape.

Umm guys is this true? No way to manually scrape the files that have been found by MMScanner?

So how am I supposed to actually add those missing files to the movie library...? Huh
(2013-03-21, 22:22)David.P Wrote:
(2011-12-31, 15:05)troelsdk Wrote: Would it be possible to add the feature that enables the user to press "i" on the missing movies and manually scrape them?

Now it looks like you have to write the titles down and go into video/files to scrape.

Umm guys is this true? No way to manually scrape the files that have been found by MMScanner?

So how am I supposed to actually add those missing files to the movie library...? Huh

Yes, it is true. This is what I do. After the movies are identified, I go to videos then files, select the location the missing movie is in, drill down to that file and right click on it. I go to Movie Information and then select refresh. I typically remove everything except the title of the film and tell it to go scrape. Normally that works. If not, then I normally find the problem has to do with the naming of the file itself. Hope that helps.

I hope someone can update it, it's a function that should be built into XBMC.

[/quote]

I agree, this would be very useful if it was built-in to XBMC or as a "regular" Add-on that you can DL from within XBMC.

My wishlist for that functionality/add-on would then be:
- Check for both Movies and TV Shows
- Output to a file
- Send email with the file attached
[/quote]

I would also love to have the output in a file, any ways or hack to make it happen now?
Yes, the fact that XBMC simply discards files it can't scrape and doesn't report them at all (in order for the user to jump in and rename or manually scrape the file) is a severe gap in XBMC's functionality.

Of my 260 movies the MMS plugin reports 50 as not being scraped -- and the naming of my files is not THAT bad. Probably its mainly because the titles are all german (or something).

Anyway, an (extended) MMS function definitively should be built into XBMC!
XBMC does report files it can't scrape in the log file.

Quote:Since v12 "Frodo", XBMC will record what video files didn't get matched in the xbmc.log file, even if debugging is turned off. Keep in mind that the xbmc.log file resets each time you start XBMC; xbmc.log will contain information from the most recent time XBMC was ran, and xbmc.old.log will contain the previous time XBMC was ran.

From the wiki.
Hey, thanks for the add-in.

just wanted to say I had an issue with the add-on bringing up several false positives caused by case sensitivity in the filename/path. This is probably specific to windows 7 but other people with too much time on their hands such as myself may have noticed that if you change the case of 1 or 2 characters in a filename in windows7, it still displays the original case but it stores the new case.

hence I had a file which windows read as "The Gods Must Be Crazy.avi" but was actually stored as "The Gods Must be Crazy.avi" and xbmc read it as the latter but the add-on read as the former hence the false positives. (or vice versa i'm not sure).

hope this helps someone.

cheers
Question does this here addon only work on moviesHuh or TV also??

Seems to scan my tv folder just fine, but reports all are not in DB
i just installed im on the newts version..

Huh
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
Bug 
BUG: DVD unpacked in video_ts and Audio_ts folder the plugin stops working, it crashes..
one can see its scanning and as soon at it hit a movie thats dvd and unpaked it crash

If i remove that movie or iso up the folders video and audio ts
then it works fine

please fix this bug Smile
Thanks And Best Regards.

BrownGhost
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1